3 months ago
MetroMail are looking for a Shift Engineer due to demand resulting from company expansion.
As a Shift Engineer you will be responsible for the provision of maintenance cover to all production areas and equipment, through reactive and planned mechanical and electrical maintenance activity on mailing production equipment as required.
* Reactive maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment within a print, packaging and mailing production facility
* On site installation and commissioning of new machinery & equipment
* Undertake planned mechanical and electrical maintenance activities
* Undertake condition analysis reports
* Engineering continuous improvement project work as required
* Support production areas with setting of machines outside of the Production Operator remit
* Ensure health & safety of self and others whilst carrying out all duties
* Adherence to the engineering system for logging all reactive and preventative maintenance activities
* Ensuring efficient communication throughout engineering team and to other departments
* Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work are carried out where necessary and are up to date
* Ensure departmental housekeeping is maintained to required standards
* Any other duty or responsibility which may from time to time fall above or below the remit for this position, as defined by the Engineering Manager
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Excellent Literacy and numeracy skills
* Excellent PC Literacy
* Knowledge / experience in print / mailing / packaging supply chain environment
* Understanding of customer requirements
* Understanding / awareness of Continuous Improvement Techniques
* Role specific mechanical & electrical knowledge within a production environment
* Technical understanding / awareness of all site maintenance activities
* Experience in mechanical fault diagnosis & resolution within a production environment
* Experience in electrical fault diagnosis & resolution
Education and Qualifications:
* Qualified to BTEC / NVQ Level III or above
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure & too strict deadlines
* Good time management
* Committed and flexible team worker
* Ability to be proactive and use initiative
* 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Shift Allowance
* Auto Enrolment pension
* Saga Lifestyles - your employee benefit giving online discounts and offers for all Saga employees and their families to use.
* Staff Concessions – discounts on a variety of services such as holidays/insurance/hotels.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Long Service Awards - from 5 years’ service and every 5 years thereafter
* Annual Medical with Company Nurse
* Monthly Subsidised Massage
* Monthly Subsidised Podiatrist
* Free vend on a Monday & Friday and from the 15th of the month
* 100% attendance vouchers
* Saving Funds from salary
* Salary Finance – Apply for a loan of up to 20% of your income at 7.9% APR representative
* Employee Well-being Programme supports on issues such as Family Care, Financial Information & Debt Management, Legal Issues, Health, Education.
About the Company
When you join MetroMail you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
See around MetroMail by clicking the video below:
To all recruitment agencies: MetroMail does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. MetroMail and Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.