10 months ago
Shared Services accountant
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are currently searching for an Accountant to provide financial assistance to the shared services departments, through preparation of management accounts, budgets and adhoc analysis.
The Business Accountant will apply financial controls including balance sheet reconciliations and they will support the Shared Services Manager and Group Finance accounting team.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Prepare monthly management accounts for all Shared Services departments
* Prepare budgets and rolling forecasts for assigned departments
* Liaise with the Shared Services heads to ensure business activity is accurately reflected within the finance reports
* Prepare adhoc business cost allocations
* Prepare monthly Cashflow for EMEA and US
* Calculate and post occupancy allocations
* Process Dining Room recharges and stock sheets
* Postage and Utilities recharge
* Monthly preparation of French entity accounts
* Prepare Capital Expenditure pack
* Allocate monthly Corporate Credit card costs and prepare life insurance postings
* Prepare Headcount file and liaise with HR
* Perform monthly Balance sheet reconciliations for central areas
* Issue quarterly returns to National Statistics office
* Prepare the monthly shared services reporting pack
* Assist with preparation of overseas statutory accounting
* Assist with end of year audit queries
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you will have:
* Part Qualified Accountant
* Experience of management accounting including accruals and variance analysis
* Experience of working on budgets and forecasts
* Experience of Balance sheet reconciliations
* Knowledge of MS Office, Excel to intermediate level, Powerpoint, Peoplesoft
* Attention to detail and Accuracy
* Ability to manage own deadlines and prioritise work
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Commitment to quality and timely service delivery
* An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
You will be able to demonstrate:
* You are a self-motivator, eager and willing to learn
* Pro-activity and responsiveness
* The ability to communicate well with managers and provide support to non-financial managers
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.