9 months ago
Closes on: Friday 18 January 2019
We are looking for a Service Design & Transition Manager to join our head office in Wimbledon. We here at Domestic and General pride ourselves on being able to change and adapt as a result of constant investment in IT Systems and Process, as a result of this we require a Service Design & Transition Manager to ensure that systems are designed and transitioned to be operable, maintainable and recoverable by Service Operations.
You will be assigned to a portfolio focusing on a business domain and will be working with Design Managers, Architects, Project Managers and IT Technicians as well as numerous other interactions within the business. You will be exposed to the full project lifecycle however your focus will be on ensuring that all necessary service teams are ready to support the new/amended services.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
* Review of high level designs, detailed designs, and support contracts
* Conducting Service impact assessments
* Defining Service Design Criteria
* Assurance of test activities including UAT and OAT.
* Delivering key project and status updates to stakeholders
* Manage the acceptance/introduction of projects into a live environment.
* Development of Service Transition collateral.
* Manage the early-life support process.
* Challenge stakeholders and influence decisions at the appropriate level
* Running knowledge transfer workshops.
* Seek and drive efficiency improvements within the IT Delivery framework
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
* Comprehensive knowledge of Service Design & Transition Management processes and standards.
* Experience of working in a challenging environment where tact, diplomacy, excellent relationship management and communication skills are critical to positively influence relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
* A strong background in Service delivery/management roles, with solid understanding of service management frameworks and processes
* Understanding of ITIL processes, ITIL V3 Foundation Level as a minimum
* Understanding of Agile software development and Project Management practices, e.g. Prince 2.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to an agile Change culture.
* Good project management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and direct teams in line with changing priorities.
* Ability to raise risks and issues in a timely manner to the right people at the right time
* Degree level or equivalent desirable
Note that the Service Design and Transition Manager will be required to work outside of normal hours on a periodic basis, in order to support and manage the transition of new services and releases.
* Great company culture with fresh fruit deliveries and compliementart hot drinks
* Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
* Contributory Pension Scheme matched up to 5%
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional 5 days annually
* Life Assurance (4 x salary)
* Cycle To Work Scheme (bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000)
* Corporate Discount (up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans)
* Access to ‘D&G Discounts Benefits Website’ with exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services for all UK employees
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.