5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Tier Platforms team are responsible for build, delivery and maintenance of the infrastructure for Skype for Business and Hosted Voice services/applications which are delivered as managed services to our end customers.
The team also are responsible for build, delivery and maintenance of a Cloud Platform that can be offered as Infrastructure as a service to the end customers.
The team members are also involved in the Operational support of the Virtualised environment and Windows servers in the Wifi domain.
This covers hands on working experience with vCloud Director, NSX, VMware and related skills and will work closely with the network, application and security functions in operations and the wider business.
The Cloud model consists of private and public offerings, a predominant part of role will be project based working closely with the O2 solution architects on the Iaas and Paas offerings.
This includes responsibility and accountability to deliver tangible results based upon platform performance and uptime as well as the true end-to-end customer experience. The Senior Platform Engineer will also be responsible for significant design work for complex customer solutions and managed service solutions.
The role holder will need to have deep and extensive understanding, knowledge and experience managing operational environments across the core technologies needed. They must be focused with a structured and disciplined approach with confidence to deal with challenging situations including effective internal and external communications.
In-depth knowledge of HPE hardware and 3PAR storage systems is would be beneficial.
* Become a recognised Subject Matter Expert for other members of the team and other internal departments.
* Able to take full ownership of specified technology, and help in continuously improving the support service to increase customer satisfaction.
* Represent the team as a senior member and make technical decisions on the team’s behalf.
* 24x7 management of mission critical Cloud platforms including incident, investigation, remediation and change.
* Supporting the operation of Cloud platform components in test and production environments, working with 3rd parties as necessary to resolve problems.
* Performing on-call support on a 24x7 basis in specified rota pattern.
* Build, Deploy, Manage and Maintain Cloud , virtualised Platforms and Windows environment
* Liaise with third party suppliers /Vendors like VMware, HPE etc to troubleshoot issues.
Skills & experience
* Expert knowledge in vSphere 6 suite including vCenter / vROps
* vCloud Director 8.x and above
* Experience of rolling out and productising Iaas, Paas offerings.
* Security by design
* Experience with virtualization technologies and applications
* Veeam for Backup services or similar tool
* VCP 6 certified would be advantageous
* VMware SRM
* PowerCLI & PowerShell
* Service provider hosting experience
* Good knowledge of storage systems – HPE storage knowledge an advantage
The candidate should have the following experience and capability:
* Extensive experience of working in a managed services environment.
* Good understanding of customer commitments including SLAs.
* Well organised and structured approach to work requirements.
* Sound diagnostic capabilities and complex fault resolution.
* Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines in an operational environment.
* Experience with ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, and Change management.
* Excellent verbal and written communications in English.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.