10 months ago
Fancy a role in Learning & Development? We’re currently recruiting for four Senior Training Consultants to come and join our diverse team of L&D professionals.
Our L&D team is at the start of a fantastic journey, together we are energised to support the Society in creating an empowering learning organisation. If you like variety, are curious and flexible, then we’ve got loads to keep you interested! Our team and these roles require flexibility across a multiple of areas, offering opportunities to support different communities within the society. At times you might need to use your consulting and influencing skills in the creation of innovative learning solutions to enable the business to change and grow or you might be enabling the induction and development of our front-line colleagues and leaders across our Retail Branch Network, our multi-site Contact Centres and other high volume areas, so that we can continue to deliver Legendary Service to our Members.
….and if that isn’t enough, we are in the exciting stages of transforming our approach to learning and expanding our expertise in a range of learning methods and learning technologies, maximising modern techniques and campaigns so that any learning solution we create, is sustainable and Built to Last.
Within L&D, change is constant, and this role may require you to adapt to new surroundings as demand shifts. In an organisation that is ‘always on’ - this role certainly isn’t 9-5 or based in one location. You’ll get back what you put in with support in whatever role you are doing, including a robust development plan and investment in your professional development if you want it.
The hiring managers for this opportunity are Toni Wilbourne, Geoff Liddle & Tessa Roff and the HR Resourcing Consultant is Sean Morecroft.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum we’d like you to have:
* Experience of working across the full training cycle, with an understanding of the current and emerging learning and development trends
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create impact and credibility and influence stakeholders at all levels
* The ability to assess complex information and learning and development theory quickly and accurately
* Exceptional facilitation skills, with a natural flair to engage and generate enthusiasm both in the classroom and through virtual delivery
* Proficient in designing training content
* A desire to keep up to date with learning trends and innovations in the wider L & D profession, and the ability to use this to enrich the learner experience
* Working collaboratively across L&D, where appropriate, to provide support, guidance, feedback and coaching that will add value and grow the talent in the wider Team
* Strong coaching and feedback skills that will raise the bar on performance
* Be open-minded, curious and brave - oh and have fun along the way!
It would also be great if you have:
* An NVQ4 in Learning and Development or Certificate in Learning & Development Practice or relevant business/professional qualification, and/or a willingness to study towards additional qualifications if needed.
What you'll be doing
The roles we’re currently recruiting for based on demand today are:
* L&D Society Change & Consultancy - In this team your focus will be on providing expert consultancy for Society-wide change initiatives working collaboratively to provide the learning deliverables including both the design and delivery of the solution. You’ll need to have a presence mainly at our Swindon sites with schedules agreed with the project you’re supporting to ensure you’re effective in your role.
* L&D Leadership Development – Your focus in this team will be to facilitate the delivery of all leadership induction programmes for volume recruitment areas, as well as supporting the design and maintenance of the leadership portfolio. You’ll have experience in Leadership Development (or previous line management experience)
* L&D Induction & Development - Your key focus will be delivering training campaigns for new starters and existing team members in our volume recruitment areas. You’ll support the design and maintenance of our training portfolio, and you’ll have experience of working in a customer focused environment, ideally within financial services.