5 months ago
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 (Telefonica UK) and Tesco. Launched in 2003 it has grown rapidly to become the UK`s largest MVNO with a customer base of 5.0m (2018) and 99% network coverage in the UK. We have an award winning customer care service and in 2016 won "Best Value Pay Monthly", "Best PAYG Network" and "High Street Retailer of the year" at the uSwitch Awards.
About The Team
The DevOps team is part of wider change department, its main focus is managing the order entry systems to allow Phone Shop, Telesales and online users to buy new propositions and upgrade.The teams responsibilities include: Roadmap planning, analysis and design, development, testing, deployment and support.
About The Role
As a Senior Test Analyst in the DevOps team, you'll be responsible for writing test cases, executing and delivering business requirements for the Tesco Mobile DevOps team. You will be part of a team of talented Senior Test Analysts working alongside Business Analysts and Developers to deliver the new functionality. All the members of the team have exposure to the Frontend, Backend (API) testing tools as well as the Automation. We think diverse exposure helps the individual and team grow a greater E2E understanding of our platform.
* Write Test cases for User Stories in adherence to the team processes using appropriate tools.
* Write test cases for Backend code, including API, Database, file processing etc.
* Execution of test cases to test the functionality developed meets the required acceptance criteria as detailed in User Stories.
* Develop UAT test scripts, integration tests scripts and test plans. Liaise with third parties for environments, test data etc to achieve the above.
* Document evidences, scripts and test plans.
* Assist in automating, maintaining and updating regression test pack.
* Actively support CI/CD framework by having a passion for Automation and interest in increasing efficiency.
* Work along the rest of the team (Devs/QA/Scrum Master/BA) during the sprint and follow team processes and ceremonies.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Experience of writing API test cases using any of API testing tools.
* Experience with using Test Scripting tools like Zephyr and JIRA.
* Experience with Continuous Integration pipeline (we use Jenkins) and Git/Github
* Experience of working with an agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
* Understanding of the Software Development lifecycle (SDLC) from design to live service.
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its community model.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future