9 months ago
Position Title: Senior Solution Consultant – Indirect Tax
Position Type: Permanent
We currently have a need for a Indirect Tax Senior Solution Consultant in our London office. This role requires Tax knowledge and experience to discuss complex Indirect Tax issues and requirements facing multinationals today. The specialist should also understand the day-to-day challenges facing companies in applying the correct taxability throughout the transaction life cycle to complying with indirect tax compliance requirements, within a complex multi-national setting. In addition the candidate should be able to discuss a client’s tax processes, tax technology needs and provide insight on how to improve and implement processes and technology to resolve challenges.
This role will focus on the pre-sales aspects of ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination and Indirect Tax Compliance and will involved in engaging with prospective customer employees to understand their present challenges, identifying areas of process improvement and scoping projects with customers, while relating the value proposition of the product to an individual company. The successful candidate will be working with colleagues around the globe on exciting initiatives in a growth environment.
Brand - ONESOURCE:
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* The specialist will be responsible for providing Indirect Tax expertise with the solution consultant team (Building on their knowledge around VAT, GST, customs, SUT etc).
* Representing our indirect tax products and solutions to current and potential clients.
* Supporting the sales team in selling ONESOURCE Indirect Tax solutions by providing demo support and assistance on in aspects of proposals.
* The applicant must be willing to travel internationally to meet with the tax teams of clients and prospective customers.
* Being the EMEA product expert for ONESOURCE Indirect Tax solutions, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are apprised of latest developments and the product roadmap.
* Working with their Manager and Product Management on the go to market strategy and working with Sales and Marketing to ensure that our message is being communicated and that the material supports that message and is up to date.
* Taking responsibility for the client experience and ensuring that customer excellence is delivered throughout the sales cycle and delivery process.
* Producing and maintaining demo data and examples for the sales teams to use, training the sales team on these, refining these and updating as necessary.
* Training clients where needed.
* Being the 'face' of the product at industry conferences and other events
* Solution Consulting Team, Sales Team, Customers, Implementation (Services) Team and Product Management
Essential Skills and Experience: Desired Skills and Experience: Education/ Certifications:
* Extensive experience in Indirect Tax in VAT consulting at an accounting firm or within the multi-national corporation having ‘hands on’ tax and accounting experience.
* Knowledge of Indirect tax complex supply chain transactions (multi-party), having the understanding of the VAT implications. Along with knowledge of the Indirect AP and AR processes driving the downstream compliance process, as well as the typical filing obligations required to be performed.
* Tax Technical business analysis experience in capturing client challenges.
* Strong expertise in VAT consulting or tax and accounting industry experience.
* A basic level of familiarity or understanding with ERP’s (ORCLE, SAP) and /or other financial systems in aspects around the associated document flow requirements (PO’s, invoices etc) for trades in both B2B and B2C.
* Experience in a customer facing role preferred. Being a dynamic presenter and quick thinker and be able to present with the personal gravitas to instill confidence to the client.
* Having the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, with strong interpersonal skills, written & oral communication abilities.
* Bachelor's degree or post graduate qualification in any of the following: accounting, finance, taxation or related field or equivalent experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.