24 days ago
* A Senior Software Engineer located at our Head Offices in Swindon.
* Salary £50,000 - £73,000 a year (dependent on skills and experience based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract
* Please send in your application by 7th December 2018.
At Nationwide, we believe in putting our members’ needs first. That’s why we are looking for individuals who are up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, and who will strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
Who we're looking for
A talented BASE24 Senior Software Engineer to join our Payments Squad in Swindon. You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives. Therefore you’ll be used to working in a challenging environment and can react with pace to changing demands and priorities.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Experience at analysing, designing and developing payments related solutions
• A good understanding of card issuer and acquirer processing
• Experience of VISA/LINK scheme regulations
• Knowledge of EMV processing and Key Management
• Experience of working on HP Non-Stop, BASE24 Classic
• Competence in programming languages COBOL, TAL, TACL
• Proficiency in Enscribe file processing, SQL, DDL, Enform
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team work skills, plus confidence working with stakeholders across multiple disciplines and levels
• Experience of software development using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Previous experience of working in the Financial Services industry
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a technical mentor, designer, coder, thought leader and influencer.
You’ll already be comfortable juggling projects, handling complexity and immersing yourself in a team - and be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent. You’ll have developed a practical knowledge and instinctive eye for what large tech departments require to deliver world class services.
In return, we’ll give you the tools to work in the way that suits you, and make sure your voice is influential. We’ll look to you to add insight and value to every project and new initiative in your area, and give you the opportunity to further grow your commercial acumen, as well as your technical skills. Our promotional pathways are clear and well-trodden; it’s in our company DNA to continually challenge our staff to be better, however technically proficient they are already.