4 months ago
Hearst UK publishes 21 brands including Digital Spy, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s Bazaar, Red, Prima, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Esquire, Reveal, and Inside Soap magazines. Our brands reach over one in three UK women and one in four UK men every month, enabling consumers to get more out of life and our trusted content engages them wherever they are. The Senior Sales Executive role is working across multiple Hearst brands, to sell in commercial testing and endorsements and establish exciting new revenue streams.
As a Senior Sales Executive at the GHI your role is to sell our two-commercial endorsement initiatives to; clients, media agencies and PR agencies to achieve and maximise sales revenue. The GHI Approved and GH Reader Recommended endorsements signify a product has been tried and tested. The role will report into the Sales Manager and will be responsible for all clients within their category. The desired candidate will build a strategic view of their category of business, ensuring that they can represent the GHI to all levels of client contacts.
The GHI is the heartbeat of the magazine and gives the magazine a unique place in the market, placing it as the most trusted magazine brand in the UK.
• Sell Good Housekeeping’s commercial endorsements to FMCG brands within your category.
• Consistently achieve or exceed sales expectation.
• Develop and build relationships with existing and new clients directly or via a PR or media agency. Identify clients marketing objectives and plans and develop solutions to maximise GHI accreditations.
• Actively seek new business via a variety of methods including face to face meetings and telephone calls.
• Support senior team members when required on a day to day basis
• To cultivate a thorough working knowledge of the magazine’s environment, readership, history and market position.
• Develop a knowledge and understanding of competitive businesses, including competitor accreditation offerings.
• Regular research of brands and the market place via trade and consumer press.
• Preparing and delivering presentations.
• Act as an ambassador for the Good Housekeeping Institute and Hearst, generating a positive profile for yourself and our accreditations with external clients and within Hearst.
• Ensure regular liaison with other commercial teams across the business and work with them to maximise revenue streams.
• Utilising internal resources across the business i.e. the advertising and editorial teams to deliver strong sales strategy.
• An interest in consultative sales within an FMCG environment.
• Commercially savvy.
• Confident and resilient sales negotiator face to face and over the phone.
• Ability and desire to work within a team environment.
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude who is also able to work independently at times.
• Interest in market trends and brand and business development.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, such as PowerPoint, Excel.