5 months ago
When is a Sales role for an experienced practitioner from the Construction sector not "just" a Sales job? Answer - when it is using your technical knowledge and customer influencing skills for the benefit of the Members of this leading trade body.
This newly created role is a great opportunity for an experienced Executive with a solid background from the Construction sector at a practical, technical, and strategic level, to develop their experience and skills further in a leading trade association.
Within the post, you will have the chance to contribute to an essential industry critical to the UK construction and manufacturing. sector. Essentially, you will be helping their Members to improve the market share of their materials as a construction solution through strengthened engagement with all relevant stakeholders to specify and use their products. You will be expected to use your skills and sector knowledge to build those relationships with that diverse group of stakeholders, understand the issues and develop construction solutions as appropriate.
Supported by, and reporting to, one of their Executive Directors, you will liaise with our Member companies to identify opportunities for promoting and Marketing the industry with national, local and regional audiences, to ensure that their products and solutions are seen as material of choice in construction.
Please note that as this is not a commission or bonus based Sales post, the salary is in line with the range indicated here.
In turn, you will have:
- Ideally a technical background in Construction or Materials Science, preferably with a degree in science or engineering and Membership of a building or engineering institution.
- Experience of the construction sector generally, and preferably knowledge of innovative methods in materials such as concrete and related products.
- The interest, enthusiasm, and gravitas to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, understanding their issues and developing/delivering their construction solutions to improve their market share.
- The ability and experience to liaise with related and other trade bodies to promote these materials of choice in construction and assist with Marketing campaigns.
- Good written, presentational, and general communications skills and an ability to produce accurate and concise outputs.
- Able to interpret sometimes complex industry issues and communicate these simply.
- Finally, a self-starter, who can manage a workload independently, but also works closely and effectively with colleagues..
Please apply today to be considered for this excellent and varied new opportunity.
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close