about 1 month ago
* A Senior Risk Partnering Consultant, supporting Collections & Recoveries and Member Contact & Support based in our Northampton Office, with regular travel to Swindon.
* £50,840 - £73,436 pa based on a 35-hour week
* Send in your application by 23/04/2019
If you have relevant experience in Risk Management, Collections & Recoveries and would like to be part of a forward-looking Risk, Compliance, Governance and Control function that helps protect our members and supports delivery of business priorities.
Who we're looking for
Our Risk Partnering team provides first line risk management support to all areas of the Society that talk to the member. Working across Product & Proposition, Relationships & Distribution and Marketing & Engagement we work with Accountable Executives responsible for Product Design, Product Management, Sales, Service and Communications.
We’re looking for someone with a good knowledge of risk and control practices to provide Risk Partnering to Accountable Executives in Collections & Recoveries and Member Contact & Support.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
* Experience in risk and control practices, with an ability to practically apply this knowledge in appropriate situations.
* Proven experience of building strong working relationships with key stakeholders where you’ve successfully communicated complex information both verbally and in writing.
* Good influencing skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with Accountable Executives and key business area stakeholders.
* Extensive experience of analysing and interpreting complex information rapidly from a diverse range of internal and external sources.
* A sound knowledge of key regulations (FCA/PRA) and regulatory expectations.
* Strong planning skills, able to prioritise and manage your own workload – developing trust and credibility by delivering to agreed deadlines.
* Excellent knowledge and well-developed working understanding of relevant practice (i.e. regulatory knowledge and experience)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independence whilst also knowing when to escalate to senior staff for support and validation.
Ideally, you’ll have:
* Experience of working with Collections & Recoveries.
* A recognised qualification (or be working towards) in Risk or Compliance e.g. (Institute of Risk Management Certificate/ Institute of Internal Auditors)
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide advice, oversight and challenge on operational, conduct and compliance risk within our Collections & Recoveries and Member Contact & Support areas to ensure we proactively mitigate risk to members and the Society.
* Working as part of the Risk Partnering team supporting all areas of the Society that talk to the member, you’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks.
* Assessing emerging risks and control effectiveness using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management and committees in line with Group risk expectations.
* Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders to maintain an awareness of industry, corporate and community 'change activity' which may give rise to risk events.
* Providing risk advice and present formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members.
* Helping to build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe.
* Running local risk governance forums and attending the Member Contact & Support Risk and Conduct Committee to ensure that Nationwide understands and is managing risk effectively.
* Ensuring incidents are assessed, reported and analysed promptly in line with Group Risk expectations.
* Day to day management of a team of Risk Partners.