19 days ago
• A Senior Risk Analyst in the Model Risk Oversight team based at our head offices in Swindon.
• £35,309 – £43,155 a year on a permanent 35 hours a week contract.
• Salary package dependent on skills and experience and internal policy.
• Send in your application by 17/01/2019
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Senior Analyst in our Model Risk Oversight team based at Nationwide Headquarters in Swindon. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and challenging models used across the Society to ensure that they meet the needs of the business. You will also be responsible for ensuring that model risks are effectively and efficiently identified and managed or mitigated in support of the Society’s corporate goals.
Who we're looking for
You will need to:
• Have a degree or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience in a numerate subject, such as Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Statistics or Finance;
• Have experience in building or working with statistical models;
• Be able to think critically and independently, to challenge others, and utilise influencing skills to affect the outcome of the discussions;
• Interpret and convey technical information, both verbally and in written reports, in an accessible manner to a range of audiences;
• Have proven ability of using statistical and modelling tools such as SAS, R, Python or Stata to conduct analysis.
It would be nice if you also had some of the following:
• Exposure to model validation;
• Familiarity with financial markets and products;
• Appreciation of the main areas of risk modelling in the financial industry, such as retail, commercial, treasury among others;
• Good understanding of risk management practices;
• Appreciation/knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements such as Basel, IFRS 9 or IRRBB;
• Experience of working with stress testing or econometric models.
What you'll be doing
In Model Risk Oversight team, we provide independent oversight to the models used across the Society, with model outputs used in areas such as capital, liquidity and provision among others. The role offers an exceptionally broad scope and an excellent opportunity to consolidate stakeholder management and influencing skills at all levels within the organisation.
Our Senior Risk Analyst will independently undertake reviews of risk models to ensure they are fit for purpose and suggest improvements, where required. They will also have the opportunity to meet and engage in stimulating discussions with the Society’s brilliant modellers to make sure that the models are robust and future proof.
Further, they will have the opportunity to present their findings to the team’s senior management, risk committees and engage with projects that will expose them to new concepts, teams and practices. Moreover, our Senior Risk Analyst will have the opportunity to coach, mentor and support individuals with a range of experiences, backgrounds and knowledge in the team.