about 1 month ago
Amazon Freight is a part of the Amazon Transportation Services team in Europe. This is a highly innovative organisation that is at the cutting edge of supply chain technology and responsible for many of Amazon’s best in class logistics services.
Amazon is looking for a London based Senior Program Manager for the Amazon Freight team. This person will manage a team of Business Development executives responsible for onboarding Amazon Vendors as shippers onto the program. Amazon Freight allows Vendors to use Amazon’s transportation network to ship products in bulk across Europe. This is a rapidly growing business and we are looking for a business development Leader to take it to the next level.
As the Senior Program Manager you will be responsible for driving the growth of the business in UK and ensuring your team achieves its goals of onboarding new vendors and hitting freight volume targets while ensuring best in class customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include
- Engage with external stakeholders (Amazon Vendors) in contract and rate negotiations and onboard them to the program
- Educate other Amazon teams in doing the same, as the situation would require
- Manage expectations with onboarded shippers (“Customers”) ensuring that they get the best-in-class service that is expected from Amazon
- Engage with internal teams on the overall operational execution of the business to ensure flawless execution as per customer requirements
- Hire, manage and mentor a large business development team to enable rapid business growth and deliver customer's delight
- Help define the resources and technical requirements needed for the business to deliver its objectives
- Present the business updates to the leadership team and other interested stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related fields
- Experience working in the transportation, supply chain or related industries, with sales, account management, business development or consulting experiences being a strong plus
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams, influencing more than $50MM yearly operating costs
- Experience leading and mentoring medium to large sized teams
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to be hands-on with basis analytical tools such as Excel
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and evidence of strong people management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management and excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Experience in Freight Forwarding and Parcel Logistics
- Fluency in German or French
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be provided along with your conditional offer.