10 months ago
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
This is your chance to make history!! Help shape the future of Amazon in Europe!!
Amazon is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Program Manager in our London office to drive innovation and business development in its line haul transportation network. As a Senior Program Manager - Business Development, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the product vision that meets our customers’ needs while satisfying performance and budget goals.
· The Senior Program Manager drives strategy, prioritizes projects and feature sets, and aligns and sets stakeholders expectations for Amazon. This requires interaction with Amazon’s operations, technology and marketplace teams globally.
· You will work closely with your team of project managers and business analysts to drive the collection and implementation of requirements, ensure alignment with corporate objectives and contractual obligations and manage the life-cycle of various initiatives.
· You will need to define, prioritize and plan the resources and technical requirements needed for programs to be delivered on time.
· Together with your team, you will write and review business cases, perform supporting research and analysis, write specifications, and drive the product development schedule from design to release.
· Clear, precise, and regular communication with all stakeholders will be a key element for success in the role. This includes ongoing project/program status reports as well as capturing requirements from stakeholder teams.
· Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access, SQL, Tableau or other data management systems.
· Monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program.
· Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
· Experience working with the transportation delivery industry
· Master's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related fields
· Advanced proficiency in Excel; Strong analytical skills
· Experience working with large cross-functional teams, influencing more than $50MM yearly operating costs
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
· Fluency in English, excellent written skills
· Ability to communicate across all levels of management
· Experience in Logistics sales and/or account management
· Proficiency in SQL and Tableau
· Experience in Freight Forwarding and Parcel Logistics – a strong plus
· Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish or other European languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be provided along with your conditional offer.