6 months ago
Amazon is the global leader in online retail; Amazon launched in 1995 and we're still growing fast. Our vision is to be earth's most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to discover anything they might want to buy online. We always treat every day like day one, a day to bring in fresh ideas, a day to challenge convention, a day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and in the future.
The Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS) program seeks to improve the customer and Selling Partner experience on Amazon by working directly with Selling Partners to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our initial launch in EU in 2019 will be with a Marketplace Growth product offering Selling Partners support on launching on new programs, exploring Amazon’s marketing tools, advising on account management and selection listing for a monthly fee. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, diversify service lines improve seller engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions through direct cooperation with the US, China and Japan Teams.
AMPS is looking for a Senior Product Manager to support the team in the EU marketplace on their vision to grow subscribed selling partners and deliver the best customer experience across our 5 EU locales. This team is defining an ambitious vision for the future of this portfolio, focusing on business impact, operational scalability and selling partner satisfaction. Please note this job can be based in UK, Germany or France.
As Senior Product Manager for AMPS, your priority will be helping drive the technological vision across the EU, focusing on opportunities to drive scalability and quality of service through advanced technology. In this role you will work closely with business stakeholders, partner product and engineering teams to help solve the challenge of creating a best in class experience to a large pool of users with heterogeneous needs. You will support driving early decisions, collaborate on business development, and help on the international product development from design to launch. Being associated with this program in early stages will help in shaping foundational product elements around service enrolment, billing and execution.
A successful candidate will have great product sense, be highly analytical, and be able to work effectively in a cross-functional role. They will have great business insight and be able to dive deep on technical concepts. They will be able to influence key stakeholders to move projects forward. Conducting business internationally will excite them. This is a great opportunity for a role working closely with both business and tech teams to accelerate the Amazon flywheel in EU.
· Support key leaders in the development of our product roadmap for Europe
· Assess opportunities and contribute to definition of features and business requirements to deliver on our strategy and vision
· Gain buy-in for your plan by helping to influence both internal and external partners
· Help in the Development of sharp working backward documents to drive execution
· Support Management prioritization and trade-offs within user experience, engineering capacity, and business opportunity
· Collaborate with engineering teams in CN to deliver a best in class customer experience, worldwide
· Help product launches by working with business leadership, engineering and other product management team members
· Collaborate on interim processes for key program needs (billing, enrolment, CRM) ahead of automated solution delivery
· Support program thinking on opportunities for automation and offshoring
· Extensive relevant work experience in Product Management.
· Experience leading cross-functional teams in delivery of new products or services
· Experience of working closely with business teams
· Experience of developing workaround and interim solutions for tech challenges
· Demonstrated experience in software development
· Conversant in web technologies and understands fundamental operations of large-scale websites.
· Working knowledge of SQL.
· Bachelor's Degree.
· Demonstrated results; delivered major process improvement initiatives leveraging automation
· Proven analytical, quantitative skills and working knowledge of SQL.
· Well versed with Agile software development methodology.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective user communications
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and business cases.
· Superior verbal and written communications.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.