4 months ago
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an excellent environment within which to develop your skills and career.
We are looking for someone with experience in a data science or similar role to strengthen the data science capability within our pricing team.
This role is an important part of the pricing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the insurance function of the business.
You will be undertaking pricing work initially on the Home product, with the opportunity to broaden onto other products over time.
You will bring strong numerical and statistical capabilities coupled with excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to work with lots of data.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
* Responsible for pricing work, primarily on the Home product
* In-depth statistical analysis and data mining using software such as SQL, R, Emblem and Excel
* Monitor the trading and pricing performance of each product
* Recommend changes to gross rating structures to maximise revenue yield
* Carry out testing of rate changes and other IT projects with testing teams
* Develop existing forecasting models for each product and provide input to monthly forecasting, budget and 5 year plan processes
* Build core understanding of general insurance pricing and methodologies
* Attend meetings with underwriters and internal stakeholders, including Marketing, Commercial, IT and Finance as required
* There will be project work, which should be done in a professional manner
* Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
The Ideal Candidate
• High-quality graduate – 2.1 or above in a numerical degree
Knowledge and Competencies Required:
* Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
* Experience in a data science or similar role
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable working with large amounts of data
* Proactive, with a strong desire to learn and demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation
* Strong organisational skills
* Team Player
* Dependable and Reliable
Additional Advantageous Technical Skills (desirable but not essential):
* Experience of programming languages such as SQL, VBA and R
* Familiarity with general insurance pricing processes and methodologies
* Knowledge of Emblem or similar systems
* Knowledge of statistical modelling techniques such as machine learning
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.