8 months ago
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, and we’re all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
About the Team:
The Telefonica Smart Metering team is responsible for delivering a multi-billion, multi-year programme, which is not only the largest National Critical Infrastructure project supported by Government in the UK , but currently the world`s largest m2m implementation.
By its conclusion we will have supported delivery and installation of 20m Smart Meters, and provided world class service to the customers taking this service
It is at the forefront of Smart X evolution, and paves the way for increased connectivity in the home, as well as bringing significant benefit to the UK economy
The PMO provides essential services and is the glue which holds Smart Metering together internally and externally. Services include the organisation and management of programme reporting on status and finances; change, risks and issues. The PMO is also core to ensuring compliance against the contract and processes, supporting Audits and client engagement. Overall providing first class support to the team, ensuring quality, consistency and compliance are maintained throughout.
About the role:
As a Senior PMO Analyst you’ll be key in helping to transform the existing PMO capabilities into a Best in Class PMO by analysing the current capabilities and identifying the improvements needed to increase the maturity score and effectiveness of the PMO/BMO function across the Smart Metering business.
Working closely with the Head of PMO you will help ensure the Programme has well defined Project Management Standards and be a key individual in promoting best practice to ensure the PMO adds value and is in line with the wider company strategy. Additionally you will ensure that all projects and programmes are supported throughout their lifecycle.
* Help drive the maturity score of the PMO through best practices in portfolio management, KPI’s and reporting
* Raise Stakeholder Value and Improve Governance standards, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables.
* Manage the programme level reporting and data analysis to support the compliance and management of key programme data.
* Carry out assurance reviews as required to support any audit schedules both internal and external.
* Update and administer the programme plan, reports and KPI’s as required.
* Assist and advise leaders, managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches.
* Share lessons learned and best practices across the programme, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels.
* Support the creation and improvement of processes, procedures, and tools with particular focus on the financial alignment.
* Manage communications from the PMO mailbox including regular reporting cycle requests
* Quality control - establishing consistent practices and standards including governance mechanisms, Programme and Project approval gating and on-going compliance to the O2 Change Process lifecycle, or such gating process that is required to fulfil public sector customer requirements.
* Comply at all times with Operations and O2 UK policies and procedures, including health & safety, conduct, security, attendance, equality of opportunity, & time recording.
Education, Qualifications and Training:
* Project/Programme Management Qualifications e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation, MSP Foundation, P3O, PMP or equivalent
* Further/higher education desirable
* A strong track record within the PMO with experience supporting in the development and maintenance of PMO processes
* Experience working within an Enterprise PMO or large transformation programme would be an advantage
* Excellent communication skills
* Skilled at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
* Strong analytical skills to assess the performance of the PMO and to drive continuous improvement
* Proven track record of facing into Public Sector organisations and/or non-telecoms industry partners desirable
* Experience in use of Project Control Tools such as Clarity, SharePoint
* Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure
* Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
* Willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining O2 will give you the freedom to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. Take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.