4 months ago
Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The primary purpose of the role is to support the Head of People Operations in delivering the retail HR Strategy. You will lead and develop a team of HRBPs and HRAs to ensure we deliver a commercial HR business partnering support to the retail teams. You will also lead and manage key business projects for the HR team working with cross functional teams to represent the people agenda.
This role is primarily field based however there is a requirement to attend weekly meetings in Head Office, East Croydon therefore you should expect to spend at least 2 days each week in East Croydon.
This role will form part of a Senior People Team working closely with the Retail Regional and Area Managers to understand the current and future business issues and take ownership for providing and developing solutions.
Talent Management and Development
• To line manage, monitor, coach, support and develop the HRBP’s ensuring they have a live PDR and PDP
• To ensure we have visible, live, up-to-date succession plans in place for each region and ensure the PDR process is fully and consistently embedded across each region
• To support and feed into the assessment and recruitment process of our candidates onto our talent programmes – working in conjunction with the Retail Resourcing Manager and L&D Manager
• To work with the RGMs to ensure each region has a live plan in place to proactively manage the development and performance of the Area Manager population.
• To work with the Retail L & D Manager and Resourcing Manager and feed into the overall L & D strategy ensuring alignment to the Business goals.
• To drive and embed the customer experience culture within our business and be an expert on the Gober Toolkit Method, working with the Senior L&D Manager to make sure the solutions rolled out land with the retail teams.
• Line manages the HRBPs to ensure that all absence, disciplinary, grievance and general ER cases are dealt with in a professional and timely manner. Producing key analysis of ER trends and influencing policy changes or communications off the back of the information provided.
• To keep up to date with current employment legislation and to ensure that the HRBPs have a plan in place to effectively brief and train their line managers on any relevant changes
• To keep up to date with all cases and employment tribunals ensuring that the line managers are effectively briefed, trained and updated
• To work closely with the Employee Relations Managers and Senior HR team to set the strategic direction for the organisation’s employee relations policy and practice
• To promote equality of opportunity and enhance the diversity of the workforce
• To be a point of escalation for Area Manager ER issues
• Act as a point of escalation for HRBPs to ensure the Retail Resourcing Strategy supports the business requirements. To work with the Senior Resourcing Manager and the HRBPs to forecast future vacancies and link to the internal succession plan.
• To support the recruitment of Area Managers ensuring vacancies are filled within agreed timescales.
Reward and Recognition
• To work in conjunction with the HR Services team to ensure the Retail Pay Review is implemented within the agreed policies and timelines and that the teams are kept to timelines
• To keep up to date with market trends on cost effective benefits ensuring Superdrug remains competitive
• Be a role model for the company recognition scheme and to drive its use across retail
• To be the guardian of Area Manager reward to ensure consistency across Regions
• To represent the HR team with Business Development projects e.g. Opening of New Stores, development of Beauty Services, Store Scheduling, Store Wages, Shrinkage and any new projects that come up.
• To support the Head Of HR Operations and the wider team with the planning, communication and evaluation of current and future HR projects
• To be the point of contact for property to ensure the Store Conversions, TUPEs and Closure plans are effectively communicated and planned for.
• To continually analyse the HR KPI’s, highlighting trends and insights and to drive consistency through the management of exception reporting.
What you’ll need to succeed
* Depth of HR experience with a strong track record in generalist HR
* Ability to build effective interpersonal relationshipsCredibility to influence and coach a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business
* Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
* Energetic with charisma and dynamism
* Previous HR experience in a business partner role
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.