As passionate about food as we are? As a European food producer, we are excited to continue to expand across the UK – with listings in major grocery retailers and online ‘etailers’ we feel now is the time to add to our team. Reporting to the Commercial Director the Senior National Account Manager is to develop strategic JBP’s and grow product inception (private label & brands) across multiple major groceries, discounters, independents and convenience.
BASIC SALARY: £55,000 - £60,000
· £5,000 - £6,0000 Bonus
· Company Car
· 25 Days Holiday
· 8% Pension
· Private Healthcare
TERRITORY: Home Based you will travel throughout the UK.
You could currently live: Any of the major cities with good road links, possibly Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol, London, Cambridge.
Why read on?
· An opportunity to develop & implement a strategic plan.
· Towards the end of 2019 you will be asked to produce a strategic plan to grow the business and develop a team.
· We empower staff to take real ownership and responsibility.
· Build a credible and long-term career with the business and be part of a fun team at an exciting stage of the company's development.
· A team ethos and culture are critical to our success, we offer the best of both worlds from a SME and a major corporation.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior National Account Manager - Food Pvt Label & Brand
We are very proud to work with some fantastic household names.
HOWEVER, we want more, and we need your assistance to facilitate that! Its not a transactional relationship, we truly partner with our customers to create valued supplier relationships.
With national coverage in UK & Ireland. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director & working closely with the marketing team, this is a dynamic role that incorporates new business development (from within predominately existing clients) as well as account management.
· Total Profit & Loss accountability for the business portfolio (c£6Million) / customer relationship and budgeted scorecard delivery.
· Currently key accounts include Major Groceries, Discounters, Convenience and Online (eTailers).
· Develop strong relationships with key Grocery Multiple partners.
· Create a 3-year strategic business plan, setting the strategy and defining objectives developing key account JPBs.
· Work effectively with Marketing & EU Retail teams.
· Driving sales to achieve strong, noticeable results.
· Creating efficient relationships with key contacts across supply chain, buying, format teams and category.
· Work closely with the Marketing & NPD team delivering compelling new propositions on brand & private label.
· Actively influence and drive the optimum execution of the point of purchase drivers – Range, Distribution, Price, On and Off shelf display, Shopper Marketing and Promotions.
What experience should you have: Senior National Account Manager - Food Pvt label & Brand
First and foremost, you must share our passion for food, you are a candidate who has worked for a FMCG manufacturer in the past and has experience with working with internal & external multi-disciplinary teams. This includes marketing, NPD teams, supply chain management, commercial operation, R&D, production, quality control etc.
You must have an innovative mind-set, working with customer NPD & food development teams (for branded & private label products) to drive new product ideas/concepts in retail.
· Strong FMCG experience within brand & private label
· Commercially astute & be able to manage your own P&L
· A new business generator, persistence, consistency & disciplined approach is a must
· Strong understanding & application of category management principles
· Excellent understanding of point of purchase drivers
· Project management skills desired
In return, we will:
· Introduce you to our business with a comprehensive 8 week training programme (one of these will be at one or our European sites).
· Provide you with a platform and encourage entrepreneurial flair and creativity.
· Offer you a working environment where making mistakes is encouraged (just don’t make the same mistake over and over again). We would rather your tried and failed rather than never trying at all.
Established for over 50 years we are proud of our growth and progression from a group of passionate farmers to one of the largest global suppliers (€800m t/o) of potatoes-based products. With 12 factories across Europe we have developed into a major supplier of fresh, frozen and dried products.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: FMCG - branded or private label / white label / own brand, food, drink, toiletries, household, pet care, personal care, SDA, electronics, clothing, home care, home & kitchen accessories, confectionery, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and/or child/baby - almost any category in a supermarket.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting Senior National Account Manager - Food and reference GB15362 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.