about 1 month ago
Senior MIS Analyst
Senior MIS Analyst
* Location Northampton Administration Centre, England
* Salary £30,204 - £43,628
* Contract type Permanent
* Closing date 15/07/2018
* Ref R002202795
Reporting to: Senior Manager MIS Analytics
Salary: £30,204 - £43,628 (Depending on experience)
Working in the Strategy, Analysis and Change department within Nationwide’s arrears management function an exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who is looking to play a key role in driving and delivering improvements to the business through the development and review of our MI and Reporting.
The MIS Analytics team provides a Business Intelligence and reporting capability for Collections & Recoveries. They are responsible for developing and maintaining SAS/SQL reporting and performing detailed and systematic analysis of departmental performance.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
* Have technical competency in at least one data handling or statistical application, ideally SAS or T-SQL
* Have experience using SAS Data Integration Studio
* Be a logical and rational thinker with proven problem-solving capability
* Possess a good understanding of relational databases from a querying and reporting perspective
* Have excellent communication and presentation skills
* Possess meticulous planning and task management with the capability to maintain multiple threads of work concurrently and to a high standard
* Have drive and ambition with a self-directed approach to your personal development
It would be nice if you also had:
* Experience in the Financial Services sector
* Knowledge of Collections & Recoveries main aims and processes
What you'll be doing
* Build and maintain operational and regulatory data reporting in SAS and SQL, that will drive key business processes
* Act as a primary point of contact for questions relating to data sources, reporting and individual metrics managed and utilised by the department
* Derive new and useful information to the business through the integration and analysis of data from disparate sources across the Society
* Interpret business requirements in order to produce high-quality, detailed and easily interpreted technical design documents for all significant solutions
* Measure departmental performance and present the results with visualisations that will allow decision makers and analysts to derive key business insights
* Provide data and expertise to departmental and corporate projects whilst successfully managing stakeholder expectations
* Support strategic change by evaluating the performance of new business strategies against operational targets
* Respond rapidly to business requests for data, exploiting a deep knowledge of departmental data sources.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy. We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Did you know?
Nationwide is the world's largest building society
We're the best Bank/Building Society to work for in the UK
We want to be 1st choice for Financial Services by 2019
We're a top 50 employer for Women
We've been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard
We’re a living wage employer