11 months ago
Job Title: Senior Marketing Executive
Reports to: Head of marketing
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5.30pm, Monday-Friday
Overall Purpose of the Role:
• To manage the marketing of the blue portfolio of products. AV, Electronics weekly, Packaging News
• Develop and execute creative marketing plans/campaigns for each brand in co-ordination with the head of marketing in order to achieve agreed targets.
• Multi-channel marketing to include: email/social media/on & off-line creative/web links/reciprocal web links
• Develop a content marketing strategy – working with the Head of Marketing and Editorial teams to engage users and drive up attendance across the portfolios
• Marketing campaigns and support for events/conferences/awards/exhibitions – including managing contra deals
• Attendance of events across the 3 product portfolios – managing the exhibition stands, liaising with delegates – in the UK and overseas
• ABC audit – management of the annual audits – working closely with all stakeholders: internal/bureau and the ABC to ensure timely submissions
• Use the full marketing mix to successfully promote events, lead generations campaigns and other various products.
• Build, manage and update event websites.
• Responsible for event collateral (design and print).
• Work closely with sales teams and provide marketing support/guidance.
• Develop strategies for data acquisition, perform data analysis and help maintain the central database.
• Liaise with all suppliers including the circulation bureau, printers and designers as required
• Help develop routes to market to include digital marketing, social media activities, email, direct mail, SEM, telemarketing etc.
• Provide detailed analysis and report across each portfolio to ensure we maximise revenue opportunity as required
Key Results Areas:
• Achievement of agreed targets.
• Maintain/improve response rates.
• Manage agreed budgets.
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
• Building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills, quick thinker, problem solver and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office packages.
• Ability to manipulate and manage data. Strong skills and evidence of success in acquiring new data.
• Experience using CRM systems.
Judgement and Analysis:
• Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
• A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
• Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position.
• Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
• A team player both internally and externally.
• Willingness to come up with new and exciting ways to market various products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences.
Other Special Requirements:
• Marketing qualification desirable
• Subscriptions, controlled circulation and events related work experience an advantage
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Understanding of the use of data
• Experience of managing substantial budgets
• B2B publishing experience desirable