6 months ago
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position to cover maternity leave.
Reporting into VP of Disney's Franchise Management business with a dotted line into the VP of Disney Channel Programming & Production, this senior role in our Franchise Management team will:
* Act in a content consultant capacity for the Disney EMEA Franchise Team, advising all Franchise Leads on optimal content distribution, executing distribution with relevant Disney businesses, and supporting with expertise specific to content distribution including technical, operational, legal, clearance and compliance.
* Determine strategy for roll-out of content across appropriate platforms in conjunction with Disney Media Distribution, Disney Channels (Programming and Owned), Digital, Disney Ad Sales & Promotions.
* Model content distribution scenario planning across all franchises in order to drive decision making with senior stakeholders.
* Manage communication of strategy amongst content teams as the key driver within this group representing franchise objectives.
* Working within the Disney Channels EMEA Regional Programming Team, devise, communicate and coordinate specific programming tactics for linear and non-linear Disney Channels as part of franchise content distribution strategy.
Responsible for creating EMEA franchise content strategies for all Disney franchises and priority properties as an integral part of the EMEA Franchise Team.
As integral member in EMEA Disney Channels Programming Team, lead programming tactics across all EMEA Markets for linear and non-linear for all franchises and priority properties
Responsible for delivering comprehensive programming & distribution plans that will help to deliver agreed business objectives.
Accountable for giving advice and recommendations to EMEA Franchise Team on all aspects of content distribution including strategy, performance, clearance and technical/operational matters.
Expected to perform consistently to highest standards of professional behaviour, ensuring first-rate delivery and execution of agreed business goals able to represent business both internally and externally.
Responsible for meeting all agreed deadlines according to business needs and stated objectives and managing time effectively between Disney and EMEA Disney Channels responsibilities.
* Background in TV Distribution including linear/non-linear/digital for a major entertainment company.
* Proven track record in making and following through on strategic recommendations relating to content.
* Proven track record in interpreting data.
* Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders.
* Experience in one/several European Markets.
* Experience in working with US teams.
* Minimum manager level experience.
* Self-starter with ability to take initiative and manage own workloads.
* Proven ability to interpret content performance and make recommendations.
* Experience in content clearance and rights.
* Understanding of technical/operational requirements of content distribution including dubbing, file formats and delivery methods.
This position is offered as an 12 month maternity cover to start in early 2019.
The existing right to work in the UK is needed for all of our London based roles.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.