6 months ago
Senior Manager Accounting CoE (112352)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive
: Jun 7, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role holder leads a specialist team providing accounting support and guidance to finance & commercial and operational teams across Global Services to ensure compliance with group accounting policies and with IFRS accounting standards
What you'll be doing
* Management of the CoE and responsible for leading a complex function (> 100 countries, 250 complex contracts covering £2.5bn of GS annual revenues streams, plus insight and advice on other revenue streams)
* Maintain and develop the accounting policy for contracts and specialist accounting queries guidance on complex issues in accordance with IFRS and group practice Sufficient knowledge of industry skills to make an impact, including non-financial skills (e.g. six sigma, process, telecommunications, contracts)
* Significant knowledge of BT wide financial processes and specific financial systems to manage timelines, system issues and requirements, as well as drive improvements and simplify processes
* Drives higher standards of understanding and compliance of accounting principles and policies through development and implementation of learning programmes and tools.
* Assist and advise MDs and CFO’s, bid teams and accounting community on complex contract constructs, financial models (i.e acquisitions, joint ventures, financing solutions) and new accounting policies IFRS15 and IFRS16 to maximise financial performance and support BT long term goals
* Initiates and drives the development of Business unit / Finance strategy / pan-BT function strategy in specialist unit
* Gives strategic direction and financial leadership to a senior leadership business team, ensuring preparation of accounting papers and other documentation as required to formalise accounting decisions made
* Management of contract accounting SLA’s with GBS and FSSC hubs in India and Budapest ensuring SOX and ACF compliance
* Responsibility for building and maintaining strong executive level relationships and/or externally with customers, suppliers and other major bodies (including group specialists, internal and external auditors)
* Educates, supports and challenges executive leaders/stakeholders across GS finance and contract management community to deliver specialist advice and practical financial solutions on accounting policy. Is considered a strategic business partner
* Directly influences senior management thinking (typically CFO level) and is an agent of change
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Maintains financial authority and accountability for all accounting policy, control and governance issues across GS
* Works with high level of authority and autonomy. Very comfortable without direction
* Works outside CFU and functional boundaries and identifed as a key expert within GS
* Ownership of key programmes e,g Gold Standard for contract finance, IFRS16, contract balance sheet enhancement programme
* Advisor and coach to others both within own team and elsewhere, formulates operational guidelines or in-depth knowledge and advises on specialist area
* Operating environment that is highly complex / high risk to BT / and in growth, the CoE provides specialist accounting guidance to maximise financial performance across the globe and on Pan-BT basis.
* Includes support of large number of/ large scale bids, complex contracts and suppliers, growth business with a high profile/high risk to BT, complex business model, complex deal constructs and business set-ups
* Leader/expert in this specialist discipline for BT and interfaces, collaborates and partners with internal and external bodies
* Leads, champions and manages conflicting priorities with ownership of successful delivery of key organisation-wide finance programmes e.g Gold Standard for Contract Finance, Contract balance sheets, acquisitions and disposal accounting.
* Sets agendas, identifies opportunities and promotes the highest standards of best practice and provides insight on accounting policy application across multiple lines of business and financially complex areas (including contracts and business set up)
* Sponsors/guides the planning, facilitation and completion of CFO sponsored finance programmes (e.g service tower P&L, Contract global balance sheet programme)
* Provides advice into bids to promote margin expansion opportunities and mitigate financial risk
* Fully accountable for accounting policy (SOX controls and ACF compliance) and practices in multiple business units supporting alignment with BT long term goals
* Drive IFRS15/IFRS16 requirements and policy change and promote training of finance community
* Manage complexity of multiple reporting systems and internal relationships (CBS and FSSC) to understand and improve GS P&L.
* Quarterly review of contracts for loss provision assessment purposes