6 months ago
Senior Lawyer, BT & EE Customer Experience (114994)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : competitve
: May 17, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role holder will lead for the Customer Experience legal team on complex BT and/or EE customer product and proposition projects, personally delivering complex legal advice as well as making sure that Consumer product/service terms are best in class.
What you'll be doing
• You will lead for the Customer Experience legal team on complex BT and/or EE customer product and proposition projects, personally delivering complex legal advice.
• You will be aligned to senior stakeholders in Consumer.
• You will manage maintain internal relationships, for example (but not only) with peers and other team members in the Marketing, Digital, Consumer legal, Group legal and Regulatory Affairs teams.
• You will be responsible for making sure that the Consumer division understands what is required to comply with relevant law and regulation. You will deliver succinct and precise advice and risk-based reports to senior stakeholders to facilitate decision making.
• You will be a key contributor to Horizon Scanning which ensures new Consumer-focussed laws are foreseen and the business is aware and advised of required changes to ensure compliance.
• You will influence the strategic approach taken in your area and more widely across Consumer.
• You will keep your Legal Director and team’s Principal Lawyers fully informed, as applicable, on key legal risks and opportunities and all other relevant strategic matters.
• You will collaborate with the rest of the team as a whole.
• You will be an interface with our external legal providers to make sure that we get excellent and cost effective legal advice.
• You will work with the Principals in the team to improve internal capability and to make sure that efficient processes are adopted to reduce external legal spend.
• You will supervise other members in the delivery of particular projects.
• What external supplier to use and at what cost.
• Who should have the decision making power for key legal risks as they arise.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Proven experience as a UK (or equivalent) qualified solicitor.
• Deep knowledge of the telecoms industry.
• Understanding of Consumer’s business objectives, processes and systems, and the legal and regulatory framework in which Consumer operates.
• Comfortable influencing/delivering strategically important projects for BT.
• Ability to question intelligently, challenge rigorously and recommend – with sound business judgment- a course of action to a stakeholder.
• Excellent drafting, communication, stakeholder management, organisation, influencing and persuading skills.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to work under time pressure to demanding timescales.
• Self-motivated, proactive, optimistic, energetic, resilient, effective at prioritising and able to deal with multiple matters at the same time.
• Ability to supervise more junior team members.
Experience you would be expected to have.
Experienced, First class technical lawyer with extensive expertise in consumer law and related regulation in the telecommunications market and significant expertise in retail financial services law and regulation.
Preferred: in-house experience advising companies in the telecoms sector.