7 months ago
About the Role
As a Senior I.T. Security Architect you will ensure that the Matalan I.T. Estate is as secure as possible by developing and maintaining Security Standards and associated artifacts including product road maps and technical standards!
In the role, you will provide guidance to the technical and business communities on how to design and build solutions which are secure by design and aligned with policy, legal and regulatory needs.
You will take ownership of the cyber security architecture elements of the Project Life cycle and all I.T. Security investigations and escalations. Working cross functionally, you will manage the development of the wider business security strategy and security services, in alignment with the I.T. security architecture.
* Ensure all new system/solution designs include the relevant security architecture
* Work with the delivery Team and third-party suppliers to ensure that security architecture is built into new systems and solutions, ensuring correct governance is in place and testing is completed.
* Evaluate emerging cyber security risks and approaches in the Retail sector
* Oversee other architects to ensure they include appropriate security elements into the overall designs, including both internal and third-party architects
* Drive security standards and guidance across internal and third party services
* Working closely with the Domain Architects, ensuring that projects adhere to security needs, security risks are appropriately managed.
* Own I.T. Security elements of G.D.P.R, Data Protection and P.C.I. compliance and all audits
* Ability to deliver business change and technical projects and convey technical needs in solutions, in business terms and contexts
* Knowledge of a broad spectrum of technologies and development of security architectures
* Relevant architecture qualification
* Advanced knowledge of security frameworks
* Strong appreciation of S.D.L.C. and existing and emerging project methodologies
* Excellent customer focus, communication, organisational, influencing and negotiation skills.
* I.S.E.B. certified
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Your place in our world
Head of Architecture
Senior IT Security Architect