about 1 month ago
Senior HR Policy Consultant – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Senior HR Policy Consultant – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Policy Consultant to join our team.
As a Senior Policy Consultant, you will be responsible for researching and developing our employment policies to ensure Santander complies with employment legislation and that the policies are aligned to market practice, regulatory requirements and our business and HR strategy.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Policy Consultant your main responsibilities will be:
* Develop and maintain HR Policies and supporting documentation, making recommendations on changes to meet best practice, align to industry practice and support our business strategy
* Review HR Policies regularly to determine opportunities for simplification to maximise engagement, understanding and application by managers, colleagues, Trade Unions and our regulators.
* Obtain feedback and data from HR and business stakeholders on the operation and effectiveness of HR Policies to inform policy reviews.
* Represent the HR Policy team on HR projects to ensure that new technology and changes to HR systems and processes support the understanding and implementation of HR policy.
* Provide advice and guidance on HR policies and resolve all policy queries and escalations in a timely manner.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Good knowledge of employment legislation and case law and how this relates to HR policies and practices, including experience in dealing with recognised trade unions.
* Experience of employment policy development, ideally within a range of companies and sectors.
* Ability to build and manage relationships with other areas of HR and business stakeholders, combined with the ability and credibility to influence.
* Ability to analyse data to support the development of HR policies and measure their effectiveness.
* Familiarity with HR systems and digital applications and how they can be used to improve engagement with HR policies.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
The role will allow you to work flexibly but your main base will be in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.