5 months ago
Senior Financial Crime Advisor – London TSQ
Senior Financial Crime Advisor – London TSQ
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Senior Financial Crime Advisor to be based in London.
As a Senior Financial Crime Advisor you will be responsible for providing advice and oversight capability to first line business and support units covering AML, CTF, Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption and the Corporate Criminal Offence of failing to prevent the facilitation of Tax Evasion. You will also contribute towards ensuring that Santander has effective and preventative financial crime controls.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Financial Crime Advisor your main responsibilities will be
* Acting as the central point of contact in the second line of defence for referrals relating to complex and/or higher risk cases from the first line defence in regards to all financial crime related queries, providing advice/ recommendations on next steps and need for enhanced monitoring where appropriate for higher risk cases.
* Assisting client on-boarding and first line risk teams with case reviews, advice and decision support relating to client on-boarding and the on-going review of clients.
* Co-ordinating and actively participate in the On-Boarding and Exit Forum.
* Lead and co-ordinate investigations.
* Supporting the business in the management and implementation of financial crime control changes/improvements, including but not limited to inputting into control strategies, requirements definition, on-going control designs and effectiveness testing.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Strong Financial Crime experience in a Banking and/or Capital Markets environment (Corporate and Wholesale).
* Strong knowledge of corporate and investment banking products sufficient to support associated Financial Crime risk management (controls definition, case reviews etc.).
* Thorough knowledge of Financial Crime legislations (UK and EU). Desirable if has knowledge of Spanish implementation of financial crime legislation.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with good communication, both written and verbal, and ability to make decisions and influence others at all levels.
* Knowledge or experience using industry-wide Financial Crime systems such as NetReveal, Dow Jones.
* Professional Industry qualification(s) in Financial Crime.
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.