6 months ago
• Senior Enterprise Architects in our head offices in Swindon
• 35 Hours a week on a permanent contract
• £54,000 to £88,000 & car/car allowance
• Send in your application by 16th January 2019
Nationwide employs a mix of bespoke-developed and commercial off the shelf solutions to deliver its ‘core systems’ capability, but the landscape has evolved organically, and needs to be simplified and standardised to support business growth and service efficiency, and to reduce technical debt.
With the recently announced £4.1bn investment in IT and change over five years, we are moving at pace to consolidate and transform our IT estate, introduce cloud solutions, and simplify our infrastructure topology to a set of best-of-breed, industry leading strategic capabilities, to realise the benefits of a simplified and reusable IT estate. In adopting industry standards and best practices, this will increase product launch agility, operational resilience and provide rich configurable functionality and services, to enable our member propositions.
Mortgages are the fundamental reason for Nationwide’s existence. IT Strategy and Architecture are engaged with the business domain leaders in redefining the vision for our mortgages proposition, products and customer engagement to embrace 21st century challenges and opportunities of digital technologies, shifting demographics and changing regulation. The right individual will be able to make a real difference to the IT strategy and roadmap for this key business domain.
We need someone with the ability to influence, communicate, and lead the development of the vision, roadmaps and transition states, and to provide assurance of our architecture in this domain.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement:
You will have experience in enterprise architecture and technology for sales and servicing of retail products in a Tier 1 financial services organisation, including one or more of the following:
• Mortgage Sales and Originations
• Banking, Savings and Mortgages products
• Core Banking systems
• Bespoke software, commercial off-the-shelf packages, and 3rd party services
Other essential experience alongside product domains:
• Prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies and priorities
• Developing and implementing technology roadmaps
• Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of stakeholder engagement and influencing both business and technical stakeholders
• Experience across the TOGAF domains.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of other Retail Banking products (e.g. General Insurance, Credit Cards and Personal Loans)
• Experience of agile and iterative practices for architecture and software development & delivery.
• Experience of event-based architectures, and integration with external suppliers
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing the vision, roadmaps and transition states to move from the current to the target architecture for the sales, servicing, operations and reporting of Nationwide’s Mortgages products. You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture.