about 1 month ago
About the Team
Future’s Events portfolio has grown significantly over recent years. This growth has been achieved both organically and through acquisition. The events we run include the National Homebuilding and Renovating Show, the Photography Show, the Music Week Awards, the Mobile Industry Awards, Vertex and Generate conferences and more.
The Senior Digital Marketing Executive, B2B Events operates at a fast pace, in the thick of digital campaign management, strategy and implementation, working on events such as the Mobile Industry Awards, Mobile Choice Awards, Generate conference and Music Week Awards among others. This role will predominantly focus on UK B2B events and may also provide support on digital campaigns and digital projects for US events from time to time.
This role is perfect for someone with a couple of years of experience in the digital marketing world.
Working across a number of channels via a number of in-house teams, external agencies and suppliers you will bring the B2B event campaigns and websites to life along with several colleagues in the Marketing Department.
Key role responsibilities
The role of Senior Events Marketing Executive, Digital B2B for Future in London, supports the Head of Marketing, UK B2B Events, on all digital marketing aspects of the events campaigns with the key aim to generate visitors to the events and achieve revenue targets. This role will also work closely with the Events Marketing Executive and Customer Service Executive.
The role is fast paced and will utilise a wide range of digital channels including social media, PPC, website development, CMS management, email, digital advertising and partnership marketing. Some of the role may include support of US events but the role is predominantly UK events focused.
Experience of campaign management and managing a busy schedule is key as you will be working on numerous events campaigns simultaneously to hit critical deadlines. Excellent communication skills are also required as you will be liaising with a number of internal stakeholders and external partners.
* Creates and executes digital marketing plans, with the support of the Head of Marketing, B2B Events, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that help drive visitors to our events. Use a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques (including advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, reader surveys)
* Records and monitors marketing spend to accurately track costs for campaigns and ensures adherence to agreed budgets
* Makes recommendations for future campaigns, liaises with internal teams and measures KPI’s
* Writes and edits high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand
* Supports the development of creative concepts; producing briefs and managing each stage of the design process to ensure all marketing material is approved and delivered to schedule
* Learn to use and become an expert in the internal/ external systems that Future’s events marketing team utilise namely Swoogo (event website platform) and Adestra/ Selligent (ESP)
* Produces timely and accurate audience and marketing reports, forecasts, and accruals through maintenance of all data collection points and ensuring data is collected in line with best practice guidelines
* Creates and maintains effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party partners via telephone, written communication and face-to-face meetings, ensuring marketing activity is fully aligned to the needs of the portfolio
* Demonstrates industry awareness and audience understanding across defined marketing products and broader portfolio, identifying key competitors, monitoring audience and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development across Future.
* Delivers high quality marketing materials requiring minimal edits/amendments which align with the brand values
* Implements successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full digital marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
* Successfully plans, organises and executes multiple campaigns across the event portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is maintained at all times
* Contributes to overall visitor numbers set by the business for each event
* Delivers strong ROI across all marketing channels and is able to showcase success
What do I need to succeed?
* 2-3 years experience of digital marketing
* Understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in digital campaign management
* Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities
* Experience in CMS / web platforms such as Swoogo (or similar) and a willingness to learn and work on new digital platforms
* Data, CRM experience
* Experience in email platforms (currently use Adestra but moving onto Selligent)
* Ability to develop a deep understanding of the audience and products
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications
* Copywriting, proof reading skills and attention to details
* Strong analytical skills and awareness of digital and online platforms
* Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working
* Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
?To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!