5 months ago
• A Senior Data Management Consultant- Data Integrity based in our Head Office in Swindon
• Salary- £42,370- £61,201 per year (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
• Send in your application by 21st December 2018
The Data Integrity team deliver value through the expert provisioning of data management capabilities. We enable and support our business in measuring, remediating, improving and governing the quality of Nationwide’s data assets.
The team is jointly responsible for implementing and embedding the Data and Analytics strategy, including requirements gathering, data profiling, data quality scorecard development, data cleansing, root cause analysis, data lineage, metadata management and business data reconciliation, in line with the data management and governance activities.
As a senior data management consultant, you will provide leadership and support to the Data Integrity team and the wider business, through advocacy, best practice, guidance, training and standards in data management.
As well as being experts in data, we are fully involved in Nationwide’s citizenship agenda; enjoying regular socials and giving our time to community volunteering projects. We aim to live and work by the PRIDE values and become the exemplar team in Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
Proven Track Record - Proven expertise in data quality, with sound knowledge and experience of other aspects of data management, including metadata management, lineage, business data inventory and reconciliation. in addition, gaining buy-in for data governance from senior stakeholders, championing data stewardship within the business and embedding data governance into their BAU activities.
IM Foundations - Strong knowledge of the full IM lifecycle, including documented requirements, data management, integration, storage & modelling, reporting and analytic tools, and overall solutioning
Enabling Technology - Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies including data quality, lineage, metadata and reconciliation. In addition, a good knowledge of these areas of the vendor landscape.
Methods - Experience at multiple companies and/or of formal gated methodologies for data governance (Home grown, Consulting or Academic).
Leadership & Communication - Highly influential, with exceptional written and verbal communication and leadership skills. Ability to deliver highly-effective subject matter expertise regarding Data Integrity services, capabilities, tools and processes, to both internal and external stakeholders, and senior-level community leaders.
Team Management – Experience of managing small teams in either BAU or project mode.
What you'll be doing
The role includes line management responsibility of individuals within the central Data Integrity team and ensuring the appropriate technology and capabilities are in place to enable the team to provide the Data Integrity services, with appropriate support and administration.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Data Quality Strategy – Accountable for specific aspects of the data quality strategy e.g. data profiling, data quality, monitoring, data cleansing etc, ensuring it is aligned to the overall Data and Analytics strategy and our information strategy and risk appetite, and gaining senior level buy-in.
• Business Accountabilities – Responsible for ensuring we have business buy-in and acceptance of the management strategy, and for providing the necessary support and guidance. For example, ensuring data owners and stewards are aware of and have accepted their accountability for data integrity activities in their area.
• Data Quality Working Group – Secretary to the data quality working group (or similar working groups and forums). Responsible for the agenda and for providing a mechanism for the business to raise points to be added to the agenda and prioritization of them. Additionally, responsible for project/BAU working groups which feed the data quality working group.
• Project Delivery – Responsible for ensuring that projects adhere to the data management policy and escalating/raising risks where they are unable to. Responsible for delivering aspects of a quality and integrity service, including profiling, scorecard build, reconciliation and metadata management, lineage, and remediation plans to both corporate projects and business areas.
• Tools – Responsible for use cases for enabling technology for data integrity, including profiling, scorecards, metadata, reconciliation and issue resolution. Responsible for understanding tool selection for any projects they are involved in, assessing the fit with the tools strategy and escalating when necessary.
• Team leading - Accountable for the resource management of the team, including understanding current and pipeline tasks, aligning tasks to the overall team objectives and prioritising accordingly, ensuring individual objectives and activities are aligned to these priorities.
• Team development – Responsible for developing the team in both subject matter and softer skills. Responsible for ensuring that each team member has a development plan which accurately describes development needs aligned to goals of the team and their personal development, and provides a practical plan for filling them. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members, when appropriate delivers presentations and training to up-skill others in the wider team.
• Inform Methodologies/Frameworks – Responsible for inputting into the society change and risk management frameworks, to ensure alignment to the data management framework e.g. data quality and criticality requirements.