6 months ago
Senior Category Manager / Buyer (White Goods)
Job Number: 20289
Location: Acton Support Centre (LHO001)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
We have a Senior Category manager/Senior Buyer role managing Laundry, our largest department within Kitchen Appliance where we hold the number 1 position in the market. The role is a pivotal role within the team as the most senior buying to influence, suport and mentor the wider Kitchen Appliance team.
The category is extremely fast paced and a great balance between sourcing and engaging with world leading brands.
You’ll be working cross functionally to develop and deliver the right ranges and promotional strategy for our customers, supporting delivering the company vision of we help everyone enjoy amazing technology.
Strong negotiation skills are essential, you will need to be extremely organised to manage the complexities of large box logistics as well as strong leadership/management skills as you will be responsible for managing a team encompassing a buyer and 2 junior buyers
• Establish credible relationships with global brands including Samsung, Whirlpool, Bosch and LG to ensure the best range, cost, and go to market execution for our customers.
• Design, develop and bring to market a range of own brand products creating a range compelling architecture across own brand and licenced brands
• Be aware of market activity and continually using this information to ensure that the category is performing
• Work side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock
• Develop innovative marketing plans to secure supplier investment so as to bring technological developments to life, supporting category growth
• Provide feedback and challenge on the commercial processes to ensure that we continually make improvements to better deliver for our customers
• Contribute to projects within the Commercial team and the wider Dixons Retail Group
You will have:
• Good numerical and analytical skills to be capable of monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products, and past sales patterns to forecast demand
• Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills to enable successful negotiations with suppliers
• Precise judgment and strong decision-making skills to enable the right actions for the category
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.