about 1 year ago
Senior Buyer - German speaker
Buying and Supply Chain Sales and Sales Operations
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: R14245
We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing the way wholesalers and consumers connect with each other worldwide, and the change has barely started oh and did we mention, we’re also hiring!
We are looking for a smart, fun and well networked Senior Buyer to join one of our popular and growing categories. As an experienced Buyer you will be well networked in these areas and have a passion for not only the category but sourcing the best products for our subscribers.
A crucial part of this super-fast paced role is identifying and approaching prospective suppliers within your designated category, introducing them to Groupon Goods and identifying distribution and marketing solutions.
The role works on a buying/sourcing aspect tasked with identifying, creating and delivering category plans, merchandise schedules and develop long term growth plans for top, mid and low tier suppliers. The right candidate will have the opportunity to rapidly build a multi-million pound category and join a true market leader. Being the market leader and most visited buying website this is a great time to take this category to new heights.
* Source and solidify top-tier-brand relationships, in order to curate products that consumers will love
* Negotiate terms of sale, price point, and margin
* Research product landscape to keep current with industry trends and pricing dynamics in the consumer-product-goods space
* Ability to mange category selection to optimize sales and the customer experience.
* Ability to influence and work well with other departments
* Possible travel (up to 10%) to trade shows
* Fluent in German AND Englis
* 3+ years experience as a Buyer with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive market
* Direct responsibility for P&L of multi million pound categories
* Bachelor’s degree
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Must have a demonstrated business acumen
* Meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
* Examples of having met weekly deadlines with moving targets with an understanding of the impact it has to category P&L
* Capable of maintaining focus in a whirlwind of change
* Proof of business-polished written and verbal communication
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.