5 months ago
Senior Business Partnering and Commercial Finance Manager - Enterprise (112217)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Compeative
: May 13, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Owns financial planning processes and strategy for the Sales Channels within Wholesale, partnering with the business to provide financial insight and guidance to support effective business strategy development, decision making and performance management.
Holds the Sales business leader to account to deliver their sales and profit targets, using financial data and insight to drive action and optimise channel productivity and performance – both tactically and strategically.
What you'll be doing
Directly business partner with the Mobiler Channel Director and the Mobile Contract Directors and lead a team of junior business partners to support that unit
• Provide strategic and financial analysis and advice in order to construct and shape commercial propositions and complex bids, working with Commercial and the Account teams.
• Lead the financial planning & reporting activities for the unit, ensuring financial forecasting, planning and reporting information is provided in a timely and accurate manner to inform strategic decision making within the unit
• Ensure execution of the unit strategy through development of the annual plan
• Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on performance of the unit
• Steward, lead and partner with the business, to ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with, and in the spirit of, local legislative requirements, and enhance and protect BT for now and the future
• To provide FP&A to the business
• To provide support and insight on customer profitability, Marketing ROI / Offers / Discounts, P&L and BS control, bad debt / CF billing
• Support Wholesale Operational Review
• Payplan reporting – targets and actual performance
• Sales productivity analysis and reporting
• Working with Sales team to ensure opportunities are logged on Sales Force and correctly captured in Outlook process
• Supporting Cost Transformation agenda and following through to P&L
• To support the business with Sales / segment MTP and Novator (where applicable)
• To support Sales SG&A – forecasting and actual performance
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Accounting: Leverages knowledge from multiple functional areas and anticipates impact of future requirements.
• Understands and consistently applies an advanced knowledge and understanding of company financial statements, accounting principles.
• Financial Analysis: Oversees and reviews the financial and operational analysis for the business.
• Provides in-depth commentary that reflects understanding of wider operating environment
• Forecasting, Planning and Budgeting: Oversees and reviews forecast/budget at detailed level, demonstrating an understanding of their inter-relationship.
• Provides detailed feedback and insight to the business on its financial performance.
• Specialist - Anticipates BT’s risk across the business and plans for appropriate insurance
Experience you would be expected to have
• Significant Senior Stakeholder experience and working within highly matrixed environments. Experience of working with Commercial teams to deliver the unit financials
• Ability to interpret financials into meaningful insight, to inform decision making.
• Be willing to voice an opinion and look at the “art of the possible” Must be able to create a clear vision, delivering against key metrics
• Demonstrates an extremely high level of analytical capability
• Understands the Telecoms industry with good product knowledge.
• An excellent track record of effectively influencing the stakeholder requirements from both a BT or EE (company strategic priorities) and external perspective
• Experience of leading a team of Finance professionals