9 months ago
Senior Bid Consultant
A dynamic role has arisen within the New Business Team. It is fast paced and deadline driven, and involves working within the exciting world of Business Development for Workplace Benefits within UK Corporate.
You will be responsible for leading new corporate scheme enquiries into the business and working to secure new business team targets, as well as supporting existing schemes through the retention and re-tendering process.
The Bid Team performs an integral role in the sales process for securing new schemes and retaining existing schemes into the Workplace Distribution Team.
We manage the entire Bid and Tender process from initial RFP responses through to the pitch, site visit and the win ‘hand-over’ to the Implementation Team. We work closely with the aligned Business Development Director and the Client Relationship Manager, throughout every step of the Bid and Sales process.
You will be responsible for managing all new business related activities through the bid process – from discussing enquiries with key Corporate Advisers, completing tenders and surveys to an excellent standard, outlining terms clearly, preparing for Beauty Parades and Site Visits through to handing new scheme wins over to the Implementation Team. You will work to build strong relationships with distributors and clients, working to win new schemes, providing quality service to distributors / clients over the phone as well as F2F contact where required.
The role is fast paced, demanding and exciting as the world of new business sales moves very quickly. Are you up for a challenge, and keen to work in the spotlight of the new business sales team?
The New Business Development Directors are highly knowledgeable and skilled so opportunities for learning and development are high.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Excellent planning and organisation skills, with the flexibility to adapt to differing tasks depending on workloads.
* Excellent attention to detail and advanced proofreading skills.
* First class copywriting and editing ability.
* Strong relationship management, impact and influencing skills.
* Strong communication skills; confident and assertive.
* Ability to build a strong network of contacts at senior level across the Corporate and Business Solutions business.
* Action-oriented, delivery-focussed mindset.
* Strong understanding of the Workplace Benefits/Corporate business including customers and distribution, servicing and enabling functions.
* Ability to deal with high volume and highly complex workload.
* Ability to prioritise and deal with conflicting priorities daily using discretion and integrity at all times.
* Good knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel as well as internal systems such as CRM / Sales Force etc.
* Qualifications in Workplace Savings & Benefits are a benefit but not essential. These can be through the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII), Pensions Management Institute Pension Planning (PMI), and Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP).
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We urge applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that please provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly or
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.