5 months ago
Senior/Associate Project Manager (PMO Office)
Local Public Services
Capita are looking for a senior construction Project Manager, ideally with a healthcare background, who possesses excellent technical and communication skills to join the Project Management Office within Local Public Services
About the role
The Project Management Office aims to promote excellence in the delivery of projects, be efficient, reduce client interfaces, standardise systems and processes and gain control of project delivery to improve quality.
Our Project Management Office Team works on all stages of development from initial concept through to the design, tender and construction delivery.
We are looking for a flexible person who is willing to work in a dedicated project management team to deliver the construction phase of a healthcare project based in London.
The role will deliver day-to-day project management and contract administration duties, including the management of the design team, cost consultant, CDM and main contractor.
The role will report to our Blackburn office; but a full-time presence in London will be required until at least May 2020.
What you will do:
Capita are currently looking for a Senior/Associate Project Manager to join a team to take ownership of large scale, Health Sector Construction Projects in London. You should be conversant with the JCT Form of Contract.
As a Senior/Associate Project Manager you will already have experience of leading teams and being the go to individual on major projects; offering service delivery excellence on significant projects. You'll be representing the client and responsible for the delivery of the project including management of design team cost consultant, CDM and main contractor.
To manage the whole of the construction process in the traditionally procured contract in the health sector, being the PM lead to achieve a quality project on time and to cost. Key activities include:
* Regular client reporting
* Manage design team and consultants
* Manage client health and safety (CDM) responsibilities
* Manage cost control
* Monitor programme and construction progress
* Contract Administration - manage and respond to contractual processes: Contractor RFI’s, Technical Submissions, Contract Instructions, Change Controls etc in a timely manner
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Take overall responsibility for the project management of the construction project. Maintain and enhance relationships with the client, design team, contractors and the general public.
* Attend regular client meetings and prepare progress reports for the client.
* Manage the cost of construction within the budget allowed and variations agreed with the client. Highlight variations from budget for Client decision.
* Understand and lead the design management process to ensure that information is delivered in good time and of sufficiently robust detail to achieve co-ordination and compliance with the specification, building regulations and supplier’s standards.
* Take a close interest in the drawings and details provided to ensure that they are appropriate and practical to build, and use that knowledge to brief each party as appropriate.
* Regularly review the tender programme to ensure it is achievable or modify it by agreement with the Client and Main Contractor to achieve the committed completion date. Monitor the critical path and key components to ensure timely completion.
* Monitor carefully time and cost and report regularly to the Client.
* Take a leadership position in respect of site health and safety and commit personal time and effort in supporting and promoting the health and safety programme.
* Closely monitor Main Contractor performance in respect of programme, quality and cost and take timely corrective action as necessary.
Your experience will include:
* Significant Project Management experience (health sector a distinct advantage)
* APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) and/or PRINCE2 Practitioner accredited
* Experience of both Public and Private Sector project delivery
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with clients and external consultants
* Eagerness to use your own initiative and ensure work is delivered on time within a quality framework
* Experience of using programming software such as Microsoft Project
* General Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent time management and decision making skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
* Lead by example;
* Have a positive can do attitude;
* Be open and honest;
* Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
* Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done;
* Focus on solutions rather than problems; and
* Pride themselves on their personal commitment to health and safety
About Capita | Property and Infrastructure LPS
Capita Property & Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc, a FTSE 250 member and the UK’s leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver