3 months ago
Senior Assistant Buyer - Currys PC World (Smart Home)
Job Number: 12541
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
We have a very exciting role in our Smart Home category for an Assistant Buyer/Category Manager. The Smart Home category is one of the fastest growing areas in the business covering a number of key areas including Voice Control, Smart Lighting, Smart CCTV & Security & with some great plans ahead, both online & instore.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is passionate on developing a career within buying! Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about new technology?
* Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
* Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
* Work with the Merchandising team to develop and deliver a comprehensive Merchandise area strategy that meets our customer needs and identifies opportunities and risks.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share, competitor information & present competitor packs highlighting key issues with conclusions and recommended actions.
* Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
* Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner what stock is required to support these plans.
You will need:
* Experience working within a FMCG or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
* Strong Microsoft Excel & numeracy skills
* A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
* Previous experience of stakeholder management
* Exposure to managing supplier relationships
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.