12 days ago
• Financial Crime Senior Analyst in our head offices in Swindon
• £25,421 - £28,246 a year on a 6-month secondment working 35 hours per week
• Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 10/12/2018
Our Financial Crime department is responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from all types of financial crime, including; money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions compliance and bribery and corruption. This role is in a department with an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside advanced detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of financial crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
As a Financial Crime Senior Analyst you will play an integral part in ensuring Nationwide identifies, assesses and manages its Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption risks, complies with legislation and regulation and maintains its current reputational status. Financial Crime Senior Analysts are responsible for carrying out thorough investigations on Nationwide’s customer base in order to identify potential risks to the Society, and engaging with law enforcement as appropriate.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you must have:
• Significant experience in conducting investigations, including analysing and assimilating large and diverse amounts of information to establish the facts in a given situation and using sound unbiased judgement to recommend an informed outcome.
• Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering / Combating Terrorist Financing / Anti-Bribery and Corruption / Sanctions, both practical and theoretical, including legislation and regulation.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of AML processes and systems and application of these, with extensive experience in managing Suspicious Activity Reports and Politically Exposed Persons.
• Management of sanctioned individuals, entities and payment, including seeking appropriate licences from external bodies.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, high attention to detail and the ability to produce quality documentation and reporting.
• Strong time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
• Proven presentation, facilitation, negotiation, influencing, training skills, focusing upon training new starters and ongoing coaching.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels, maintaining a professional, objective and independent approach, ensuring discretion is demonstrated when working on highly sensitive and strictly confidential matters.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of Nationwide’s products, processes and systems, focusing on banking and savings and supporting distribution channels.
• Knowledge of financial crime systems and controls.
• ICA Financial Crime or AML qualification.
What you'll be doing
• Conducting investigations and enhanced due diligence into complex suspicions, Politically Exposed Persons and other high-risk relationships.
• Writing timely and concise Suspicious Activity Reports to the National Crime Agency, including managing Nationwide’s defence against money laundering / terrorist financing.
• Reviewing and authorising investigations completed by AML Analysts ensuring these meet standards set by internal policies and procedures and ensuring the future management of cases is in line with internal risk appetite.
• Completing quality assurance, providing timely, constructive and concise feedback to team members.
• Providing ongoing technical guidance and support to AML Analysts as and when required.
• Delivering appropriate training and education to team members, both new starters and existing members, to maintain and enhance their awareness, understanding and ability to perform their roles.
• Maintaining all operational processes and procedures, ensuring they comply within internal policies and standards, looking to realise efficiencies and identify improvement opportunities.
• Providing technical expertise on local business area initiatives relating to AML and wider aspects of financial crime.
• Managing customer complaints and appeals in an open, fair and transparent manner.
• Help support on initiatives linked to the Department Strategy.