3 months ago
• A Senior Analyst based in our Bournemouth Office
• £25,421 - £36,720 a year depending on current remuneration package and experience
• Full-time (35 hours per week) permanent contract
If you love numbers and have experience in analysing large databases then we want to hear from you.....
In this challenging and rewarding role you will influence decisions that have real impact on the future direction of Nationwide’s Branch network. Your ability to quickly see the trends and issues that data is showing will enable you to deliver insights that tell a story, guiding our planning and decision making.
We’re looking for a motivated and committed individual who thrives on problem solving. You will enjoy investigating and linking data together to tell a compelling story, supporting the strategy of our Retail network. You’ll proactively and positively approach problems and help challenge the status-quo, getting to grips with complex data and turning it into actionable insight for stakeholders at all levels of the business. You will thrive off self-motivated learning, to own and drive your personal development to make the most of progression opportunities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate difficult concepts to management
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong experience of using Excel and other presentation packages e.g. PowerPoint and Word
• Good influencing skills
• Experience of using SQL, IBM SPSS modeller, SAS or similar, to analyse large data sets
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly regulated financial services
• A relevant degree (such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or other Science Discipline)
What you'll be doing
Whether you’re making recommendations on the budget, placement and capacity of staff, analysing key customer trends or developing models to drive effective decision making, you’ll be genuinely committed to delivering exacting forward-thinking data driven insights and recommendations.
In this role you are likely to be involved in;
• Completing analysis used directly by senior management
• Telling the story of the analysis and bringing it to life for the wider business picture
• Making recommendations for future business strategy
• Matching resource to demand and making sure we have the right people in place to deliver on our promises to our members
• Influencing the shape of our branch network