3 months ago
• A Senior Analyst for the Unsecured Lending Product Team
• To be based at our Swindon Head Office.
• £30,506 - £44,065 p.a. based on a 35 hour week, dependent on experience.
• Applications are invited until Monday 14 January 2019.
Banking is changing at Nationwide. With increasing focus on growing our business and meeting more of our member’s unsecured borrowing needs, we are looking to add to our talented and experienced team that manage our Unsecured Lending Products and Propositions.
As a senior analyst, your role will be to provide robust and insightful analysis on either the Personal Loan or Credit Card portfolio to senior management, to monitor and improve product and pricing strategies.
This is a great opportunity to join a team that makes a real difference to the Society and our members by delivering competitive and commercially focused strategies. The decisions we make have a direct impact on progress towards our growth and commercial targets.
Experience in using SAS and/or SQL is essential to be considered for this role.
Who we're looking for
• Degree level educated preferably with a maths or quantitative based subject.
• Experience within an analytical role with a proven track record of working with data, carrying out analytics, interpreting results and making recommendations.
• You will possess an inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the ability to interpret and correlate a wide range of business performance measures from multiple sources and present information in a logical and structured way.
• Sound PC skills with a good knowledge of Excel and an aptitude towards database mining coupled with the ability to quickly assimilate new system skills.
• Must be experienced in manipulating large datasets for analysis and reporting, preferably using SAS and/or SQL.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex analysis to a non-technical audience.
• Logical, with a passion for problem solving and the ability to identify and resolve business issues.
• Be a self-motivated individual capable of working simultaneously on both your own initiative as well as part of a team.
What you'll be doing
• Providing analysis which supports the delivery of key financial and growth targets along with insightful comments and proposals.
• Working on a variety of projects, ranging from developing pricing strategies to providing insight around how our members use our products and whether we are meeting their needs.
• Building relationships with other areas of the business including Unsecured Credit Risk, Marketing and Financial Management.
• Coaching and mentoring less experienced analysts across the team.