6 months ago
Senior Account Manager (maternity cover), Radio Times commerce
Overall Job Purpose
This role sits within the strategically important Radio Times Commerce division. The team focuses on using our brands insight and data to sell a wide range of products and services to our highly engaged audiences. Although Immediate Media publish 70+ brands, the Commerce team focuses mainly on Radio Times, and is split into 3 verticals, Retail, Money and Travel. This role will be managing the Retail vertical where you will be mantaining partnerships for Radio Times Offers (whitelabel solutions), as well as running Radio Times Shop (our own platform). Our goal is to drive commercial value, gain data & insight, and build lifetime value. A commercial Senior Account Manager is required to mantain the Retail arm whilst the current Head of Retail is on maternity leave.
Radio Times Offers (retail partnerships)
Within Radio Times, we run reader offers and co-branded propositions with partners across a range of categories including Gardening, Entertainment, Homeware, & Food and Drink. A marketing plan of activity is created for each partner at the start of the year and Senior Account Manager needs to manage the marketing and relationship. They must have a good understanding of the retail and reader offer industry, as well as experience of working in publishing. Recently we have created 'clubs' (RT Book Club and RT Gin Club) for our readers where we sell readers subscriptions services and gain commission, so experience in subscriptions would be desirable. They will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment dealing with internal and external partners. They must be aware of agreed commercial and performance targets and deliver against these. An understanding of the brand and what can sell to Radio Times audience is key. They will need to negotiate deals & marketing plans and constantly assess ROI.
Radio Times Shop (retail direct)
This role would also be managing Radio Times Shop, where we own the transaction, either via a traditional wholesale model, or drop-ship. Therefore, they will need to oversee stock control, P&L management, marketing, e-commerce, customer services, fulfilment and drop-ship management. Partnership management is also required here to manage relationships with suppliers. An understanding of e-commerce will play a role as we recently luanched a new online shop and aim to grow digital revenues. They will also need to manage production of brand extensions such as Radio Times bookazines and the sales process at retail.
This is a wide-ranging and exciting role that cuts across a number of different areas including print, data monetisation, subscriptions and e-commerce.
The role is both independent and collaborative and while you need to be a self-starter, you’ll also be working closely with a number of publishing, editorial and sales stakeholders within the division.
* Manage partner relationships
* Negotiate partner marketing at year-end
* Constantly assessing ROI and implementing changes where necessary
* Oversee the running of Radio Times Shop (to include stock management, new products, P&Ls, customer enquiries, systems management)
* Manage and oversee brand extensions such as Radio Times bookazines
* Forecasting of revenue, contribution and responsibility of Retail budget delivery
* Manage the marketing Executive that works on Retail
* Represent Immediate Media, champion the brands and proposition at external industry events and conferences.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Commercially minded - experience of delivering revenues
* Strong negotiation, sales and presentation skills and experience with clients
* Proven track record of delivering marketing plans, business development and innovative partnership programmes
* Building relationships – this is a key part of the role. Internal relationships with the brand teams, as well as with partners
* Experience of working across print, digital and ecommerce
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to think and act strategically
* Customer focus - is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind.
* Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Seizes all opportunity.
* Management experience