2 months ago
Senior Account Manager
Region: Home Counties
Location: Redhill Map & Directions
Operating Company: AXA Partners
Specialism: Sales & Distribution
Department: Account Management
Remuneration: Up to £58,215 depending on skills and experience
Closing date: 11 January 2019
You will be responsible for building partnerships with a number of existing business clients. This will include building key relationships with the client, contract retention, achieving profitability targets and developing the account to both grow volume and introduce new product through cross sell and upsell.
Proactive account management to build long-term partnerships with all designated clients
* Ensure monthly/quarterly review meetings are held with the clients (frequency dependant on scale of account and complexity). Meetings to have agendas set and minutes produced and held in a central location
* Build and maintain client action plans for all key clients ensuring standing data is kept up to date
* Build and maintain great relationships with all key people in the client organisation
* Ensure client MI is delivered on a timely basis and accurately and report on any variances by exception
* Liaise with clients on any operational issues to ensure confidence is maintained by keeping them informed and their expectations managed
* Ensure the clients continue to operate compliantly on our policies and wordings, recommending any changes we think are appropriate to achieve fair customer outcomes
* Collection of all client debt within terms
Retain and grow business
* Build retention plans in order to retain all current business at renewal and where possible agree 3 year deals or rolling contracts
* Work with the clients to grow their business both on current product and by cross selling/upselling suitable new products
* Provide training on our products to client teams where appropriate to improve knowledge and grow penetration
* Ensure target margin and overall profitability is achieved on all accounts
* Ensure business is re-priced in line with contractual margins and timescales
* Handle both price and contractual negotiations with the client
* Analyse contract performance monthly, tracking claims frequency, average job costs, premium and cash collection, taking remedial action as necessary
* Build strong relationship with the Client Team Manager for to ensure adequate resources are available to deliver the required client service within the contracts. Feedback from client meetings to ensure the relevant operational/support teams are aware of any issues.
Working in partnership with the Sales team to:
* On-board new business ensuring the new contracts are fully understood and implemented on time and consistently with our standards and the data feeds and MI are correctly set up
* Take handover of new clients once schemes are live
* Work with the innovation team to understand new products and services available for cross sell/upsell to clients
* Keep up to date on new products and services being delivered by the BLs so they can be discussed and demonstrated to clients at the relevant time
* You are required to adhere at all times to all and any regulatory requirements that apply to AXA Assistance UK
* In the course of your duties, you are required to always consider the needs of the customer and how best you can serve them, for example always having regard to our requirements to treat our customers fairly.
Skills and Experience
* Focus and drive to oversee dynamic and demanding portfolio of clients
* Proven experience of successfully establishing and maintaining business to business relationships
* Experience of effectively dealing with senior staff in business-to-business relationships.
* Proven negotiation skills in order to manage client renewals
* Proven analytical skills to interpret MI and commercial deals
* Strong commercial awareness of our product markets
* Proven evidence of strong communication and organisational skills
* Proven evidence of using standard Microsoft packages including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Knowledge and experience of general assistance / insurance related markets.
* The ability to multi task in a pressurised environment and time management
* The ability to travel in the UK and Ireland to attend client meetings as required.
Preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of internal operational systems e.g. AREV
* Proven ability to understand premium calculations and P&L’s
AXA Partners is AXA’s global entity dedicated to co-building and distributing with partners simple, customer-centric and innovative solutions that combine insurance, assistance and other value-added services.
As an integral part of the Group Innovation unit, AXA Partners also plays a key role in the deployment of disruptive solutions emerging from this innovation ecosystem.
The combination of both missions positions AXA Partners today as a key pillar of AXA’s Payer-to-Partner strategy.
With the support of operating units established in 39 countries, our more than 9,000 employees are at the service of our customers anywhere, anytime.
In 2017, AXA Partners’ revenues reached €3.2 billion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer