4 months ago
Senior Account Executive Public Sector UK
Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
SAS is looking to hire a Sales Executive for Public Sector Sales UK. The Executive will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions & services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective & current accounts. The key focus is growth & net new sales within the mid tier market. We're looking for a proactive, successful top performer who enjoys a challenge & is ambitious to excel their career. Come join a successful & talented team that offers excellent opportunity, brings value to our customers & be rewarded competitively.
* Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
* Fulfils wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
* Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
* Identifies clear strategy of business growth
* Leverages opportunities,consistently look to support & develop
* Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
* Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
* Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
* Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
* Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
* Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
* Recommends appropriate solutions.
* Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
* Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
* Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
* Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
* Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* SAS Knowledge
* Software sales of hardware and/or software combining acquisitions cycles & buying influences.
* Experience of working within public sector highly desirable, e.g. health-care, government
* Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan
* Ability to communicate technical and business concepts relating to SAS applications & user needs
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to travel to UK ( Once or twice a month on average)
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
* Minimum five years’ experience in sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services). Specific industry related experience may also be considered in combination with the above requirements.
* A successful top performing
* .This position is based in our Marlow, Buckinghamshire office. Flexibility to travel is required for this role.
Please note all potential candidates must be legally eligible to work in the UK & not require visa or sponsorship at any stage through the process.l required for this role.