2 months ago
Select Customer Service Advisor – Belfast
Select Customer Service Advisor – Belfast
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Select is a specialist area of Santander offering a dedicated service to our premium customers.
As a Select Agent you’ll provide a personalised service fulfilling the needs of the customer from day to day queries and transactions to discussing their personal banking requirements. Our Select Agents are the main point of contact for our Select customers, building long term relationships and offering them a dedicated and much more straightforward and accessible service.
That’s why our dedicated Select team are just a phone call away 24/7, as well as Select specialists in over 300 of our branches.
In return, you can expect a comprehensive training programme, and a clearly defined career development path. Whether you’re looking to progress into a Team Manager or Customer Service Performance Manager role or expand your skillset into other areas of the bank; we have a role for you to progress into.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
Closing Date: 30th November 2018
As a Select Customer Advisor your main responsibilities will be
* Providing exemplary customer service to our Select customers
* Listen to customers to identify and understand their current and future needs, and providing the right solution to meet those needs.
* Deepening customer relationships by providing a simple, seamless and efficient service whilst ensuring commercial opportunities are identified and referred
* Identifying and driving new ways to make banking more simple, personal and fair for our customers through the education of digital channels, Internet Banking, Phone Banking and Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
* Taking ownership of, and resolving any complex issues that arise.
* Developing your knowledge of our products, and the overall market, to provide insight to customers and colleagues
What we will be looking for in you
* A track record of building solid customer relationships within a customer service environment
* The ability to work to performance metrics
* Excellent listening and communication skills
* The motivation to go above-and-beyond for our customers
* Proven experience in a customer service role
We’re recruiting full-time roles at 35 hours per week. That means you’ll work five seven-hour rotational shifts, between 7.00 am and 9:00pm, Monday to Sunday. For your continued flexibility you will receive a £1,000 fully flexible shift premium.
Please note that effective from 4th March 2019, we will be moving to new hours of operation of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. Colleagues will be scheduled to work post 6pm only 1 week in every 6, and scheduled to work just 2 weekend days in a 4 week rotation.
Starting package is £19,200
Base salary £16,500 + £1,200 performance related bonus opportunity (non-guaranteed) + £1000 fully flexible Shift Premium + £500 flexible benefits allowance.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
* Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be working in our lively Belfast office just across from Central Train Station, or a minute from all major bus routes, with the city centre at a five-minute walk. With a new onsite restaurant, coffee shop and plenty of local shops, places to eat, childcare options and gyms nearby, there’s something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.