4 months ago
We have a brand-new role to fill within our Security department: The Risk and Consulting Manager is a Senior level role within the Admiral Group Security department. The role is intended to manage and improve the overall risk management and advisory services of the Security department and ensure that current and future cyber risk exposure is minimised through effective mitigation activity.
About the team
The Risk and Consulting capability sits within the Security Risk and Governance team.
The team is ready to move to the next level of maturity for Information Security Governance and Risk Management with a set of defined processes.
The Risk and Consulting Manager is responsible for management of the Risk and Consulting team. They will need to ensure accurate reporting and management of asset information, dataflows and mapping, business impact assessments, resilience requirements, vulnerability and threat intelligence information, and all risk assessment, risk management and advisory processes.
They will ensure that the Consultants are correctly preparing business impact assessments and other key information required to carry out a full risk assessment effectively and accurately.
They must also be aware of the legal and regulatory requirements of the organisation for reporting and management of risks ensuring alignment with broader operational risk management processes.
The Manager will also be responsible for optimising risk management processes across the security department.
The Manager will mentor and advise on the development and implementation of risk assessment and management processes. They will:
* Identify sources of threat, vulnerability, likelihood, and impact information used to determine risk
* Ensure appropriate technical risk responses are identified and prioritised
* Establish and operate an appropriate risk management methodology and associated processes
* Ensure information risk management processes are aligned with wider organisational risk management approach
* Build effective relationships with stakeholders from the wider Admiral community to establish the team as a trusted advisor in information risk management
* Implement security within contracts with suppliers and third-party partners
* Manage the assessment of suppliers and third-party partners using audits, test results, or other forms of evaluations to confirm they are meeting their obligations to protect Admiral’s information assets
* Conduct response and recovery planning and testing with suppliers and third-party providers
* Assure the quality of work of the Technical Security Consultants within the team
Experience and Qualifications Required
The Risk and Consulting Manager will have considerable experience in Risk Management, be familiar with control sets, risk assessment methodologies and be able to structure these into risk management frameworks. The ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders in IT is required, therefore a technical background is essential for this role. Additionally, the role holder should have proven experience of leading a team.
* Knowledge of risk management methodologies and control frameworks
* Security architecture and/or design experience
* Technical knowledge of security, with the ability to demonstrate practical application of controls
* Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills
* Ability to communicate constructively and confidently and work well with others
* Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
* CRISC, CISM or CISSP
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officers looking after this role are Jessica Sutton (Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk) and Luke Tooze (Luke.TOOZE2@admiralgroup.co.uk) . If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop them an email or give them a call on the Recruitment line.