4 months ago
The Security Engineering Manager has the responsibility for executing the Security Architecture vision by designing, implementing, configuring and evolving the security technology portfolio. This is a proactive and responsive relationship and the capability to maintain that balance is a key part of the role.
The successful person will see the macro view, direction of travel and complexity of the contemporary IT landscape as an opportunity. You will provide solutions that harmonise with IT and create enabling security functions that allow the business to innovate quickly. Solutions will have capacity and flexibility baked in and will integrate well with other security functions.
The Security Engineering Manager will:
* Oversight of day to day support and maintenance of Security tooling
* Take a threat led approach to generate mitigation and countermeasures
* Maximising security value from existing investments
* Understand the key risks the organisation faces, the key tactics techniques and procedures that likely threat actors will exploit and create control boundaries to intersect these domains
* Manage a team of security engineers and provide coaching and guidance to meet the desired risk reduction
* Take part in post incident reviews and propose engineering resolution to improve results in any future recurrence
* Champion best practice methods for web application hosting and protection, endpoint management and software defined protection
* Project future capacity for security products and supporting infrastructure
* Recognise that telemetry for security products will increasingly be curated in the cloud and so will be prepared to develop API endpoints and connections to collect and collate this knowledge
* Understand and develop security configurations for micro services, serverless computing and software as a service security solutions
* Work collaboratively with Security Architecture to ensure that any existing constraints are overcome within forward looking plans
The role would suit someone who has had to work with a diverse set of IT/security products and across a large on-premise infrastructure managed in house. As the organisation matures, the individual would have a desire to build skills for their team in cloud security technologies to reach AWS security architect associate level for example.
The candidate should have managed a high performing team in a similar size or preferably larger organisation. The candidate should be able to explain their approach to building capability and retaining excellent persons with examples.
The candidate should be able to pick up and ingest new technology approaches and make rapid decisions on the best way to use these technology advancements for the betterment of the overall security posture.
The ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally is key to the success in the role.
A working knowledge of financial services and the typical business processes involved together with the threat actors and their relevant tactics, techniques and procedures would be of significant advantage.
CEH/CISSP etc. and a technical/computing degree would be highly desirable.
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officers looking after this role are Jessica Sutton (Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk) and Luke Tooze (Luke.TOOZE2@admiralgroup.co.uk) . If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop them an email or give them a call on the Recruitment line.