6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure environment is a dynamic team environment responsible for the Architecture, Design and Operations (alongside 3rd Party Suppliers) of Telefonica’s high availability, business critical IT Infrastructure. The Infrastructure team:
* Architects, Designs and Builds all IT Infrastructure in line with best practices on all Telefonica’s business critical platforms.
* Ensures that all Architecture, Design and Operations meet strict security requirements at all times.
The Telefonica IT Infrastructure Team consists of Service Delivery Managers, Design Managers, Cloud Managers, Infrastructure Architects, Automation Architects, Security Architects, Design Leads, Design Engineers, Engagement Analysts, Service Leads and Cloud Platform Engineers.
How will you fit into this?
Security has become its own discipline within Enterprise IT organisations and as the Infrastructure Security Architect/Engineer you will work with business partners to ensure that IT Infrastructure deployments are designed, delivered & operated with security.
As the Security Architect/Engineer you will:
* Assess security threats and vulnerabilities and provide an assessment of the business’s exposure to such threats
* Identify ways to improve and update the security of the company’s IT Infrastructure through both hardware and software
* Act as a security subject matter expert and lead and contribute to security initiatives which deliver measurable business value promoting security, so it becomes embedded in the organisation and how we operate as a business
* Work collaboratively with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Development and Operational teams to advise, design and build cost effective security related process automation and management solutions.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Responsible for the assurance and governance of security across all IT Infrastructure programmes
* Work closely with architects and designers to ensure that IT Infrastructure solutions are built to security best practise e.g. OS Hardening
* Work closely with the central Security team to ensure IT Infrastructure complies with defined policies
* Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analysis; developing and conducting training programs
* Assess security threats, vulnerabilities and risk exposure of obsolescent platforms
* Prepares system security reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends
* Manage the delivery of the technical solutions, working to agreed timeframes and raising risks throughout the project as required
What we need from you:
* Proven experience of working as an Infrastructure Security Architect/Engineer within large, corporate environments.
* Strong knowledge and experience of Security Architecture Technologies, Standards and Best Practices
* Hold relevant qualifications such as CISSP, CISM and IISP
* Track record of delivering security solutions for large-scale infrastructure or integration programmes
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence stakeholders at all levels
* Extensive experience of security standards ISO27001, CAS-T & IT frameworks such as TOGAF or ITIL
Location: Leeds or Slough
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.