10 months ago
Santander Asset Finance (SAF) Sales Relationship Director - London
Santander Asset Finance (SAF) Sales Relationship Director - London
Build important relationships with customers, alongside incredible colleagues
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Relationship Director (RD) to join our Asset Finance team based London. In this role you will oversee, drive and deliver for the asset finance business as part of the Santander UK Group (SANUK) and will be accountable to the SAF Divisional Managing Director.
The SAF RD is specifically responsible for promoting the bank’s Asset Finance products (Hire purchase, leasing and loans) and supporting the SAF strategic plans. This is delivered direct to market and in tandem with a network of bank Relationship Directors.
The SAF RD will also be expected to acquire new client relationships as well as manage, support and grow those existing SAF client relationships that exist within their portfolio. Working directly with business and corporate bank colleagues, senior stakeholders and a wide range of other functions to achieve a suite of agreed financial, customer, risk and development objectives.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As SAF Sales Relationship Director your main responsibilities will be
* Delivery of the SAF new business and strategy for business (up to £6.5m turnover), commercial (up to £50m turnover) and corporate (up to £1bn turnover) segments for all asset finance customers and prospects across a pre-determined coverage area
* Collaborating and engaging with other key stakeholders including bank Relationship Directors, banking Regional Directors, credit teams and middle office to deliver the key asset finance financial, client, risk and development objectives
* Collaborating, supporting and engaging with the wider SAF team and senior leadership to create a market leading new business and client centric SAF business
* Providing direct support in relation to all asset financing activities within the SAN customer relationship including where clients have a prime relationship and/or multi product relationship with SAN UK and having full responsibility of quoting, pricing, structuring and likewise reviewing current and existing SAF customers
* Accountability for SAF new business risk parameters including the understanding of SAF and bank credit policy and aligning this to stretching financial ambitions
* Delivering and supporting the on-boarding of new customers and the operational process of existing customers as well as fostering external relationships in a way that promotes SAF & Santander UK’s reputation and image with customers, the press, regulatory bodies etc. and keep up to date with competitors’ initiatives and industry trends
Minimum skills and experience required
* Education, training and/or formal qualifications or background in Asset Based Lending or banking (e.g. FLA, IFS etc.) is not absolutely essential but would be seen as highly valuable
* Strong asset finance sales, business development, negotiation and presentation skills are required including the ability to deal and engage across a wide ranging spectrum of customers and prospects in the SME market
* Have a full understanding of SAF product risk policy and lending policy is essential and knowledge or experience of writing credit papers would be beneficial
* The ability to build excellent and credible working relationships with connected departments, including all bank colleagues, risk, middle office operations and promote positive working relationships with internal teams and fostering a culture of engagement between the front office and support teams and risk
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong stakeholder management experience at all levels
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.