Internal Sales & Admin Trainee
The role of the Internal Sales & Admin Trainee is to develop a good understanding of our products, client portfolio, policies and procedures.
Working as an effective member of the sales team to achieve own sales targets and to support the overall company business objectives.
- GCSE Math’s and English grade A-C or equivalent (essential)
- Previous sales experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent telephone technique.
- Must be able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- PC literate
- Excellent administration skills, especially accuracy with figures, accurate data input
- Credit processing
- Posting of samples and literature
- Prepared to be mobile to meet training requirements
- Must be able to work on own initiative, be self-motivating and able to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Company procedures and organisation
- Knowledge of Health & Safety principles
Key Results Areas
- Accurate and timely completion of customer requests and sales administration.
- Accurate input of sales quotes and orders
- Effective communication with customer base
- Support manager to achieve team objectives, such as sales campaigns
- Support sales teams, internal and external, to achieve sales targets
- Commitment to continuous personal development
This is a golden opportunity to join the Sales team at Purfleet and learn from industry specialist. You will learn from those who have walked in your shoes and can support you as your journey starts with International Timber.
International Timber are part of Saint-Gobain in the UK. There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A great open working environment.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.