Sales and Purchasing Administrator – Competitive Salary + Benefits – Nailsworth, Gloucestershire
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Sales and Purchasing Administrator to join our close-knit team! This role sits at the heart of our business, ensuring our customers’ needs are met through accurate sales order processing, assisting with customer enquiries, purchasing, inventory recording and other activities to maintain a high standard of sales fulfilment and customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to develop both personally and professionally in a dynamic company.
The key responsibilities of a Sales and Purchasing Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Processing UK and International sales orders ready for despatch, including raising invoices, posting receipts and preparing for courier collections; posting invoices to the ledger after despatch
- Handling foreign currency transactions for the above involving US$, A$ and € conversions
- Providing customer support and service to our UK and International sections, by telephone, email, Facebook, web enquiries etc.
- Checking, recording purchase invoices and completing inventory management procedures
- Being involved in a range of other activities as your knowledge of the business grows and depending on your personal skill set, from reconciliations and more in-depth accounting activity, spreadsheet use, web page updating to administrative assistance with the introduction of new products or assisting at occasional external UK sales events
Established in 1994, this small company manufactures and sells its in-house designed products promoting animal welfare predominantly in the UK. Additionally, it has established sales to several overseas markets within Europe, North America and South-East Asia.
The benefits of being a Sales and Purchasing Administrator are:
- Competitive salary on a 37.5 hour working week
- 28 days p/a annual leave, including bank holidays, SSP applies, statutory pension scheme
- 3 months’ probation period after which there is potential for an increase for excellent performance
The key skills and qualities of a Sales and Purchasing Administrator:
- Previous book-keeping experience, preferably using Sage
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and numeracy, computing ability, organisation and time management skills
- A sales- and customer-oriented person, with good people skills who is organised yet flexible with the drive to make a difference
- Excellent team working skills, including within your own team and with other teams within the organisation
- Previous office and business experience in a similar role is essential.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.