9 months ago
Based in our Head Office, as the Sales Operations Manager you will be the link between Customer Service, External Sales Team, Enquiries Team and Key Clients (builder’s merchants and contractors). Managing a team of 20 (4 direct / 15 indirect), introducing structure, greater unity and a more proactive approach is key to our success.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
BENEFITS: Up to £5k Bonus + Contributory Pension (5%), 25 days Holiday, Private Healthcare, Death In Service, Hours of Work: Mon – Thu 9 – 5 & Fri 9 – 4.30.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Luton, Cambridge, Huntingdon, St Neots, Hitchin, Wellingborough, Welwyn Garden City, Royston, Aylesbury, St Albans, Bishop’s Stortford, Peterborough.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Sales Operations Manager
Managing both internal and external stakeholders is an acquired skill; we are the market leader and want to stay there. Progressing from ‘it will be ok’ to more structure and process is critical to supporting our continued growth that said, we are passionate about staying true to our values.
As Sales Operations Manager, the key areas for your attention are:
* Working closely with the Commercial Director to create and implement a strategy which will consolidate and improve internal cohesion
* Customer Service – Let’s be proactive and ensure we are asking the additional question.
* Enquiries Team – Ensure response to tender and work is accurate and timely - bidding/pitching for the right type of business.
* CRM team – Encourage and target them to provide the data, insights and trends which will assist the external sales and enquiries team.
* External Sales Team – How can we support our partnerships more effectively.
* Key Clients – Pushing back, yes the customer is normally correct, however, there are processes they could adopt which would be ‘win win’.
Keeping the balance between KPIs, structure and process versus the ethos of the business will possibly be your biggest challenge.
Ultimately your goal is to review and improve our processes and to ensure the commercial team operates with one voice. Creating interaction between the teams to ensure the customer receives the outstanding service and delivery we are known for.
This role & company, will appeal to you if you:
* Wish to take real ownership of a brand new role
* Want to shape the commercial team to offer unrivalled customer service
* Want to implement concepts and processes to improve current practices and procedures
REQUIREMENTS: Sales Operations Manager
We are looking to hear from candidates who truly see the value in people management, encouraging staff to take ownership of issues and offering solutions to everyday problems/challenges, whilst identifying areas for continuous improvement.
Your background will have included:
* Managing multiple teams (minimum 10 – 15 individuals) in a proactive and reactive B2B environment.
* Previously implemented processes which have had a tangible positive effect on efficiency or margin.
* Mentored and developed staff to succession plan.
* Business related Degree.
* Ideally have worked for a manufacturer working with a variety of routes to market.
* Motivating and driving teams to achieve company commercial and financial targets.
Whilst we are in the construction industry and some similar experience could be an advantage, we are open on your background.
As a global business we operate in over 50 countries worldwide and employ nearly 5000 staff. With a wide variety of divisions the likelihood of you directly coming into contact with our products is very high. We are proud to have won numerous awards and contracts; working on some iconic venues such as many of the sites used for the 2012 Olympics was a particular highlight.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Manager – Customer Service Manager – Business Development Manager – Internal Sales Manager – Construction – Manufacture – Distributor
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant NAME quoting Sales Operations Manager reference MH1711-48 to DD: +
Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +.
Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
27 days ago
only 16 hours until close
27 days ago
only 16 hours until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close